Lost My Sammy Today....

For "miscellaneous" finch-related questions.
ann
Flirty Bird
Flirty Bird

Re: Lost My Sammy Today....

Post by ann » Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:49 pm

Jen, don't forget about Bird Hot Line, 911 Parrot, and Craig's List. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
2 owls
2 red-faced parrot finches
1 parrot finch hybrid
4 societies
7 gouldians
2 canaries
2 cocker spaniels

Jen
Weaning
Weaning

Post by Jen » Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:15 am

ann
My neighbor called tonight and offered to look for him but it was already dark and I know we would never find him. If I don't hear Sammy tomorrow in my yard or wooded area, I plan on trying to walk the neighborhood with my audio of Lola calling to him and see if I have any luck. After this much time, I don't know if he would come to me anymore unless he is just starving or something else of that nature. Not feeling so positive as I was yesterday. You all will be the first to hear if I find him! Thanks for the comments.

Jenny

Gouldians, Red Cheek Cordon Blue family, Gold Breasted Waxbills, Fire Finches, Owl finches, Yellow Face & Red Face Star Finches, Lavender Finches, Society Finches, Canary,Rosey Bourke, Scarlet Chested Grasskeets, Cockatiels, too many Guineas, Izzy my 16 year old cute doggie dog, two spoiled kitties!

isobea
Incubating
Incubating

Post by isobea » Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:47 am

Oh Jen, I thought your idea with the divided cage might work. Over 20 years ago I had a pair of European goldfinches. The female got away from me and I kept seeing and hearing her in the nearby eucalyptus trees. I put the male outside in a divided cage. She came back to visit repeatedly and then, on the third day, finally hopped back into her cage and started eating.
Don't give up yet. Keeping my fingers and toes crossed for you. Maybe tomorrow will be the day.
Iso

isobea
Incubating
Incubating

Post by isobea » Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:19 am

Jen - no news today? I was so hoping you would have good news.
Iso

lovezebs
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by lovezebs » Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:31 pm

Jen

Is there any news???
~Elana~

Linnies~ Canaries ~ Zebras ~ Societies ~ Gouldians ~ Orange Cheeks ~ Shaft Tails ~ Strawberries ~ Red Cheek Cordon Bleu ~ Goldbreasts ~ Red Brows ~ Owls ~ Budgies ~ Diamond Firetails ~ Javas ~ Forbes Parrot Finches ~

Jen
Weaning
Weaning

Post by Jen » Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:24 pm

lovezebs
Not good news....still haven't seen or heard my Sammy in 3 days now. Tomorrow is supposed to be a nice sunny day but pretty cool temps but since I'm off work tomorrow, I'm going to put Lola outside for a while and see if that helps any. I can't leave her out when I'm at work all day because it's been pretty cool in the morning when I leave for work. I don't want to expose her to the elements without me being home to watch out for her. I'm not feeling too positive about Sammy anymore. It's been so long now and the nights have been pretty cold...His mate Lola just sits in her cage very quiet now. I let her out tonight and she came sit by me. I can tell she is lonely. I'm thinking about finding her a companion. I can't have her in a cage all day by herself. Don't worry, if I find or even hear Sammy I will broadcast it to EVERYONE to let them know. Thanks for asking.

Jenny

Gouldians, Red Cheek Cordon Blue family, Gold Breasted Waxbills, Fire Finches, Owl finches, Yellow Face & Red Face Star Finches, Lavender Finches, Society Finches, Canary,Rosey Bourke, Scarlet Chested Grasskeets, Cockatiels, too many Guineas, Izzy my 16 year old cute doggie dog, two spoiled kitties!

w.l.
Incubating
Incubating

Post by w.l. » Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:46 pm

Jen

At this point your best hope might be someone else having caught him and getting him back via ads of some sort.
If no news in a week or two, you could start looking for a new mate for your remaining birds, I guess.

lovezebs
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by lovezebs » Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:39 pm

Jen

:( I was really hoping that he'd turn up Jenny.
Maybe W.l. is right, maybe someone will find him and bring him home...
~Elana~

Linnies~ Canaries ~ Zebras ~ Societies ~ Gouldians ~ Orange Cheeks ~ Shaft Tails ~ Strawberries ~ Red Cheek Cordon Bleu ~ Goldbreasts ~ Red Brows ~ Owls ~ Budgies ~ Diamond Firetails ~ Javas ~ Forbes Parrot Finches ~

Babs _Owner
Molting
Molting

Post by Babs _Owner » Sun Jan 29, 2017 11:03 am

Jen

I'm sorry you couldnt coax him back home. =(( Keeping posting adds, telling neighbors. He did seem to stay close to home for a long while. He must have found a food and water source somewhere. [-o<

lovezebs
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by lovezebs » Fri Feb 03, 2017 4:21 pm

Jen

Hi Jenny,

Has there been any news of Sam?
~Elana~

GouldieFledge
Perfect Partner
Perfect Partner

Post by GouldieFledge » Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:27 am

I'm so sorry to hear that. Hoping your guy comes home to you and Lola.

Jen
Weaning
Weaning

Post by Jen » Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:00 pm

GouldieFledge lovezebs
Looks like my Sammy is gone. I have not seen or heard him in days now. It's been pretty cool at night so I don't have much hope for him. I did find a guy that had hand tamed Cockatiels. I plan on setting up a time to go by and see what birds he has. Lola is lonely and I hate to see her alone all day in her cage while I'm at work.

Thanks for asking and I'll let you know if I find Lola a new love.

Jenny

w.l.
Incubating
Incubating

Post by w.l. » Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:13 pm

Jen

If the new bird would be to kerp Lola company, a hand-raised one may not be the best choice. I have one such lovebitd, and while he loves humans, he wants to have nothing to do with other lovebirds, and has only attacked one I bought to give him company.

Jen
Weaning
Weaning

Post by Jen » Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:31 pm

w.l.
Lola is pretty tame also. She flies to me like Sammy did and likes humans. I used the wrong terminology....hand tamed is what he said. Do you think I'll still have problems?

Jenny

lovezebs
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by lovezebs » Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:14 pm

Jen

I hope it works out well with Lola and the new bird.
~Elana~