Petsmart Store

For "miscellaneous" finch-related questions.
Dario78
Hatchling
Hatchling

Petsmart Store

Post by Dario78 » Sun Oct 15, 2006 12:13 pm

Excuse me...
How you know I'm Italian..and so I can't understand when you say that you have "adopted" birds in a Petsmart Store. What is it? Birds with problems for free?? :roll:
There is who dreams of rich, powerful or famous being, my dream instead would be of being like a celebre ornithologist... that loved to be called simply "John Gould, the man of the birds"
My Pics on Flickr - Look for me on facebook (Dario Corea)

Beep
Nestling
Nestling

Post by Beep » Sun Oct 15, 2006 1:00 pm

Hi Dario. The PetSmart store chain only sells animals that have been Vet approved. Rather than go to the extra expense of having animals born there approved, they adopt them out. They will also offer up for free adoption any animal which has been wounded or maimed. It's much better than having them destroyed. I love my little one legged Orange Weaver female.

Dario78
Hatchling
Hatchling

Post by Dario78 » Sun Oct 15, 2006 1:42 pm

Ok...I understand now ! Thank you ! :wink:
There is who dreams of rich, powerful or famous being, my dream instead would be of being like a celebre ornithologist... that loved to be called simply "John Gould, the man of the birds"
My Pics on Flickr - Look for me on facebook (Dario Corea)

zookeeper
Flirty Bird
Flirty Bird

Post by zookeeper » Mon Oct 16, 2006 11:56 am

Wow, I never heard of a Petsmart operating that way. The one around here sure doesn't. They don't "adopt out pets" they sell livestock.

wolfmoon
Pip
Pip

Post by wolfmoon » Mon Oct 16, 2006 1:01 pm

After last week our petsmart calls us anytime a bird comes up for adoption :)

(they also had 2 baby bearded dragons with toes missing)

Hilary
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by Hilary » Mon Oct 16, 2006 9:31 pm

Their business is to sell, but there are certain critters they can't sell because they're either born in the store or injured. I would think that you'd have to be known to them for them to contact you, though.

Hilary

Beep
Nestling
Nestling

Post by Beep » Tue Oct 17, 2006 5:15 pm

We're very lucky, in that the PetSmart store where my daughter works is staffed by animal lovers (for the most part). Not many animals even get a chance for "outsiders" to adopt, as the staff or their families usually take them in.
The news I get today from the store, is that the first three Society Finches hatched three days ago, and the fourth hatched this morning. We're getting two, and the manager of the live pet section is taking the other two. Heehee, can't wait.