Rehoming Finches

For "miscellaneous" finch-related questions.
DanielleMBrown
Pip
Pip

Rehoming Finches

Post by DanielleMBrown » Sat Mar 05, 2016 5:49 pm

Where can I go through to rehome my zebra finches? I really hate to rehome them, but the current situation is not looking good. I am really lost in what to do. I know there are people out there that will feed them to snakes and such and I don't want them to end up like that.

Mommy to:
Spazoid (Spaz)
Snowy
Snowflake
Brownie
Pipsqueak
ZEBRA FINCH LOVE <3

Hilary
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Re: Rehoming Finches

Post by Hilary » Sat Mar 05, 2016 6:40 pm

Sorry to hear that you need to find them a new home, but good luck on the move. You may want to post them as free to good home (with photos) in the Marketplace forum, and either sell the cage separately here or on Craig's list or break it down and bring it with you so you can start again when you're settled in your new home.
Hilary

lovezebs
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by lovezebs » Sat Mar 05, 2016 8:39 pm

DanielleMBrown

I would try to rehome them with someone that you know, who has other birds.

Or:

Are there some bird clubs in your area, where you could explain your situation, and ask someone from the club to take your birds in?

You could also check if there are some bird rescue organizations in the vicinity, who may take them in and find them a good home.

Are there any Finch Forum members in your area ? If there is someone, they might take them in.

A Pet Shop, may buy them (maybe).

One thing I wouldn't do, is advertise them 'for free'.

Good luck, and hope things work out well for you.
~Elana~

Linnies~ Canaries ~ Zebras ~ Societies ~ Gouldians ~ Orange Cheeks ~ Shaft Tails ~ Strawberries ~ Red Cheek Cordon Bleu ~ Goldbreasts ~ Red Brows ~ Owls ~ Budgies ~ Diamond Firetails ~ Javas ~ Forbes Parrot Finches ~

Sally
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by Sally » Sat Mar 05, 2016 9:40 pm

DanielleMBrown Definitely don't advertise them on craigslist for free, as that does attract the snake people who want to feed them to their snakes. If you place an ad on craigslist, you should list a price. You can always give them away if someone answers your ad and you feel good about them. You can always check with pet shops (small mom and pop type). They may not want to buy them, but if you say they are free, they may take them.
3 Purple Grenadiers, 1 Goldbreast + 1 cat.

National Finch & Softbill Society - http://www.nfss.org

DanielleMBrown
Pip
Pip

Post by DanielleMBrown » Sun Mar 06, 2016 1:27 am

I have gotten a lot of people wanting them for cheap. I have 9 days to rehome them so I am starting to panic. I'd take them with me, but my daughter doesn't want to risk that they die during flight as she already lost both of her hamsters before the move and is still devistated about them.

Mommy to:
Spazoid (Spaz)
Snowy
Snowflake
Brownie
Pipsqueak
ZEBRA FINCH LOVE <3