"Finch Fighting" going on

For "miscellaneous" finch-related questions.
debbie276
Bird Brain
Bird Brain

Re: "Finch Fighting" going on

Post by debbie276 » Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:52 am

Silly statements also Anoy me aswell , especially when one tries to help but then eaither get criticised or just simply don't wanna listen,
Everyone has an opinion and I apologize if it seemed I was criticizing you but when you said, "To be onest the sooner others realise this the better as why would anyone wanna have there birds stressed out :roll:" Not to mention the constant rolling of "your" eyes offended me.

Again I apologize, should have counted higher before I answered.
Moving on ...
Debbie
long time breeder of lady gouldians:
Green
SF Pastel (SF Yellow)
Pastel (Yellow)
Blue
SF Pastel Blue (SF Yellow Blue)
Pastel Blue (Yellow Blue)

GREAT articles on avian lighting:
https://mickaboo.org/confluence/downloa ... ummary.pdf
http://www.naturallighting.com/cart/sto ... sc_page=56

JerseyGuy
Callow Courter
Callow Courter

Post by JerseyGuy » Sat Jul 23, 2016 3:13 pm

I appreciate everyone's input and recommendations. As a new Finch owner, all replies to my posts are very helpful and beneficial.
I'm still learning, watching, observing and enjoying having Gouldian finches in my life. I marvel at their beauty, and am soothed by their
sweet singing.

Both of my boys came from a Pet Store where they were housed in a rather large aviary with other Gouldian finches, so my 2 boys are not unfamiliar with one another.

I enjoy watching them get ready for bed each night where they will sit side-by-side on the perch close together. That's my queue to put lights out and let them settle in for sleep.

Their squabbles are few and far between and nothing has become
life-threatening or serious. I do watch them carefully all day. With moving the food trays to the bottom of the cage, the jabbing seems to have stopped.

So, for the moment, all is well . . . Thank you all for your input and recommendations and for your care and concern for my 2 lovely Male Gouldians.
Patrick

1 Male Gouldian finch, 1 Senegal Parrot, 1 English Bulldog and 1 Chiweenie.

Stuart whiting
Weaning
Weaning

Post by Stuart whiting » Sat Jul 23, 2016 5:01 pm

debbie276 wrote:
Silly statements also Anoy me aswell , especially when one tries to help but then eaither get criticised or just simply don't wanna listen,
Everyone has an opinion and I apologize if it seemed I was criticizing you but when you said, "To be onest the sooner others realise this the better as why would anyone wanna have there birds stressed out :roll:" Not to mention the constant rolling of "your" eyes offended me.

Again I apologize, should have counted higher before I answered.
Moving on ...
Hi Debbie,

To be really onest with you I do regard you as a good and experienced bird keeper,

I can normally tell quite quickly when someone knows there stuff / birds and have always liked your posts :D

I initially got a little uptight because I thought you were trying to dig and be little my judgment,

I also apologise aswell as I don't really want to affend,

The actual reason why I stated about the sooner people realise is not really aiming at the likes of us who obviously know how to react and respond to bird problems but more so for a few of the novices that unfortunately fail or refuse to see the obvious signs regarding bird welfare.

I do hope that the air is now clear as you have my respect :D

Stuart whiting
Weaning
Weaning

Post by Stuart whiting » Sat Jul 23, 2016 5:17 pm

JerseyGuy wrote: I appreciate everyone's input and recommendations. As a new Finch owner, all replies to my posts are very helpful and beneficial.
I'm still learning, watching, observing and enjoying having Gouldian finches in my life. I marvel at their beauty, and am soothed by their
sweet singing.

Both of my boys came from a Pet Store where they were housed in a rather large aviary with other Gouldian finches, so my 2 boys are not unfamiliar with one another.

I enjoy watching them get ready for bed each night where they will sit side-by-side on the perch close together. That's my queue to put lights out and let them settle in for sleep.

Their squabbles are few and far between and nothing has become
life-threatening or serious. I do watch them carefully all day. With moving the food trays to the bottom of the cage, the jabbing seems to have stopped.

So, for the moment, all is well . . . Thank you all for your input and recommendations and for your care and concern for my 2 lovely Male Gouldians.
Your most welcome Patrick :D

Many of us on the forum can give many different explanations as what to do as regards to what we consider to be right for birds welfare, feeding, breeding, moulting etc but end of the day no one is right or wrong and is generally down to the owner of birds and originator of such threads to decide on what is best for there birds :D

This is what I luv about forums because it gives everyone a choice of what to do, some times we get a series of all straight answers that are all pretty much the same and so would obviously be the way to go if one were to ask any particular questions

Thank you for sharing with us all mate and hope that yer birds are now ok :mrgreen: