What to do with birds when house is being listed for sale?

For "miscellaneous" finch-related questions.
Nerine
Callow Courter
Callow Courter

What to do with birds when house is being listed for sale?

Post by Nerine » Fri Dec 23, 2016 8:31 am

I just moved back in October, however the home I'm in now is going to be listed come February or March. My question is, when there is an open house or an appointment for a client to have a private viewing, what should be done with the birds? I know dog and cat owners are expected to remove their pets temporarily.

I have 7 birds in 5 cages, all cages are small-ish except for one; but they would not all fit in my car. Should I buy several small travel cages, to take the birds away in? Should the empty cages be packed away? Or should I just leave the birds as is? I'm concerned about them getting too stressed from being moved around so much.
2 green singers
2 javas
2 zebra finches
2 bourkes
1 lovebird

lovezebs
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Re: What to do with birds when house is being listed for sal

Post by lovezebs » Fri Dec 23, 2016 11:59 am

Nerine

I would place them all in one room, and leave them as is, only covering a lage portion of them with light sheets (bed sheets etc.) and leave a note on the cages PLEASE DO NOT DISTURB BIRDS!!!
I honestly don't think there is anything else you can do, unless you have family or friends with whom you can house the for the duration.
~Elana~

Linnies~ Canaries ~ Zebras ~ Societies ~ Gouldians ~ Orange Cheeks ~ Shaft Tails ~ Strawberries ~ Red Cheek Cordon Bleu ~ Goldbreasts ~ Red Brows ~ Owls ~ Budgies ~ Diamond Firetails ~ Javas ~ Forbes Parrot Finches ~

wildbird
Brooding
Brooding

Post by wildbird » Sat Dec 24, 2016 12:10 am

You should not have to leave the house during any showing or open house. If you are renting the house, you have a right to stay during that time. I would partially cover them, and stay with them to make sure no one disturbs them. They would only have to be moved when you move out of the house.

Haider
Mature
Mature

Post by Haider » Sat Dec 24, 2016 1:47 am

well, i think you are over thinking. dont move anything and you DONT HAVE to stay in the house. They will be ok even if someone take a look at them. so what!!
But cover them for sure to keep them calm and quiet. Alo, whether it is your property or rental, just make sure it is clean under the cages.

buyer usually spend less than an hour in the house and the birds will be ok covered for this period.

Haider