Lost My Sammy Today....

For "miscellaneous" finch-related questions.
Sheather
Proven
Proven

Re: Lost My Sammy Today....

Post by Sheather » Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:39 pm

My cockatiels which I just had to give up were both hand-tame and the female was hand-fed and EXTREMELY friendly... but both were also amazing, flawless parents.
~Dylan

~~~

lovezebs
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by lovezebs » Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:47 pm

Sheather

I'm sorry Dylan..... :cry:
~Elana~

Linnies~ Canaries ~ Zebras ~ Societies ~ Gouldians ~ Orange Cheeks ~ Shaft Tails ~ Strawberries ~ Red Cheek Cordon Bleu ~ Goldbreasts ~ Red Brows ~ Owls ~ Budgies ~ Diamond Firetails ~ Javas ~ Forbes Parrot Finches ~

w.l.
Incubating
Incubating

Post by w.l. » Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:28 am

Jen

I guess you can just get one and try and see how they get along.
It might be good to buy one kept together with other cockatiels to make sure it is not 100% used to humans only as companions.

GouldieFledge
Perfect Partner
Perfect Partner

Post by GouldieFledge » Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:27 pm

Jen

So sorry to hear that :( Could you play general cockatiel sounds on loop? Either females in breeding mode or male mating song/calls?

Hoping you are able to take some comfort in getting a new pal for Lola. Hang in there :(

Jen
Weaning
Weaning

Post by Jen » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:40 pm

GouldieFledge

Thank you for the kind words. Actually I made a recording of Lola calling and that was how I made contact with Sammy. After a time, I didn't see him anymore.

I have 80 ft. pine trees and wooded area all around my home. The last time I saw Sammy, he was flying high ABOVE the tops, from one to another, having the time of his little feathered life. That is what I want to remember of my Sammy, my little bird flying high in a big, wide world...sweetest little guy flying free......

Jenny

Gouldians, Red Cheek Cordon Blue family, Gold Breasted Waxbills, Fire Finches, Owl finches, Yellow Face & Red Face Star Finches, Lavender Finches, Society Finches, Canary,Rosey Bourke, Scarlet Chested Grasskeets, Cockatiels, too many Guineas, Izzy my 16 year old cute doggie dog, two spoiled kitties!