Best available plastic split bands

For "miscellaneous" finch-related questions.
ManoaMatt
Pip
Pip

Best available plastic split bands

Post by ManoaMatt » Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:38 pm

Hey folks,

What are your opinions on the best available plastic split bands to identify adult finches? I need to band some gouldians, parrotfinches, and other small waxbills.

Matt

Chrismurdoch3
Jute Junkie
Jute Junkie

Re: Best available plastic split bands

Post by Chrismurdoch3 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:45 pm

I know that ladygouldian.com has some split plastic bands for finches that i have used for all of the finches that you listed above, and they worked great. The fires and owls are really small especially when they are new fledglings and i have had a band slip off of them once. So you'd need to keep a close eye on them for the first few days of banding them.
OWLS, GOULDIANS, SOCIETIES, AND FEW ZEBRAS

ManoaMatt
Pip
Pip

Post by ManoaMatt » Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:57 pm

I did order some from LG.com. They are great in terms of quality. But they seem to be a bit tight on my RT parrotfinches. As far as I could tell, they only sold one size. Is this true?

Madcat
2 Eggs Laid
2 Eggs Laid

Post by Madcat » Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:51 am

Hi! I bought bands from glamorous gouldians. I believe the website says they are in Michigan. They have a variety of colors and also offer a mixed/random selection. They come with the application tool. Ive put them on my gouldian chicks and as they grew to adults they didn't have any problem with size (being too tight)
30+ Gouldians
1 Red Cheeked Cordon Bleu
1 White Society
1 Fawn Owl