Anyone been to the Brooksville, FL bird fair?

For "miscellaneous" finch-related questions.
finchman
Fledgeling
Fledgeling

Anyone been to the Brooksville, FL bird fair?

Post by finchman » Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:44 pm

There's one in a couple weeks. It's about a 2 hour ride for me, but I'm needing supplies and could use a few Gouldians to add some new blood to the flock. I've only been to the Orlando and St. Augustine shows before. Is it worth the drive? Thanks in advance. :D

wildbird
Brooding
Brooding

Re: Anyone been to the Brooksville, FL bird fair?

Post by wildbird » Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:14 pm

Yes! I think so. Lots of birds and supplies when I last went to it two years ago. I plan to be there this year. Good luck, if you decide to go.

Icearstorm
Weaning
Weaning

Post by Icearstorm » Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:30 am

finchman
Yes, it is quite good; last time there were goldbreasts, gouldians, societies, zebras, canaries, tricolored munias, orange bishops (I think), owls, Eurasian goldfinches, javas, masked grassfinches (I think), spices, and so much more.
Just be careful; a nearby bird shop owner said there was an outbreak of diarrhea during the last show, and many vendors continued to sell the sick birds. I also nearly came home with a gouldian that had scaly face mites (thankfully I was able to return him). The key is finding responsible sellers, as with anything.

DamonIRB
Mature
Mature

Post by DamonIRB » Wed Mar 01, 2017 3:38 pm

Is it being put on by the Sun Coast Exotic Bird Fair? They did shows in/around Tampa when we lived in that area. There were always a lot of good breeders and knowledgeable people there. Manny from Ceasar's Pet Store in West Palm Beach was always there - he has excellent birds and always has a ton of great supplies at good prices, especially some of the more difficult to find supplements and medicines. You might look them up and give him a call...

D