Citronella Oil and Literal Armies of Mosquitos

For "miscellaneous" finch-related questions.
lovezebs
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Re: Citronella Oil and Literal Armies of Mosquitos

Post by lovezebs » Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:48 pm

~Elana~

Linnies~ Canaries ~ Zebras ~ Societies ~ Gouldians ~ Orange Cheeks ~ Shaft Tails ~ Strawberries ~ Red Cheek Cordon Bleu ~ Goldbreasts ~ Red Brows ~ Owls ~ Budgies ~ Diamond Firetails ~ Javas ~ Forbes Parrot Finches ~

Sojourner
2 Eggs Laid
2 Eggs Laid

Post by Sojourner » Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:52 pm

Here is a source for fresh Eucalyptus branches and leaves:

http://eucproducts.com/pricelist/

Bird safe.
Molly Brown 11/22/15
Pyewacket 6/15/17
Trudy 2/24/18

Turn towards home, and go there. Many overs, over woods and fields, streams and hills, many overs. Just turn towards home. How else would one go there? Perhaps it was a dream, and you have awakened from it. May the earth rise up beneath you, with home in your heart, and your person waiting.

Rothe18
Hatchling
Hatchling

Post by Rothe18 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:12 am

Sojourner-

I've heard about using eucalyptus leaves before- that would be a very safe way to ward off the biting evil- and attractive, too! I could make them into pretty bunches and hang them around the eaves outside my doors.... hmmmm!

Lovezebs-

I'll check and see if any of those plants are shade loving, or they will surely perish before they do anybody any good, lol. Thanks so much for all the help, everyone!!

I think, since I have it in front of me, I'm gonna try the oil that came with the egg first, and whatever plants might make good additions . Then, I'll switch to more natural stuff when the original runs out. I'll let everyone know what happens when summer rolls around!!