Do my birds need something to hide in?

For "miscellaneous" finch-related questions.
sparrowsong98
Perfect Partner
Perfect Partner

Do my birds need something to hide in?

Post by sparrowsong98 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:29 am

So I recently removed the nest from my birds cage. Now they have started a very strange habit. Whenever anyone they dont know, the dogs, or anyone with a hoodie comes upstairs, they run behind the cuttlebone. When they are scared they go there, when they are tired they cram both of themselves behind there. Basically they hide behind there and their mirror anytime anything out of the ordinary happens. I think they want somewhere to hide, even though they have their cage in the corner of the room. They are not gettiing their nest back, so what should I give them? Is there like a perch with covered sides or something like that that they would like to have?
I currently own:
An Australian shepherd
Many chickens
4 goats
A cat
And a bunny

lovezebs
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Re: Do my birds need something to hide in?

Post by lovezebs » Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:23 pm

sparrowsong98

Hang some vines from the roof of the cage over the corners, creating some private nooks for them.
~Elana~

Linnies~ Canaries ~ Zebras ~ Societies ~ Gouldians ~ Orange Cheeks ~ Shaft Tails ~ Strawberries ~ Red Cheek Cordon Bleu ~ Goldbreasts ~ Red Brows ~ Owls ~ Budgies ~ Diamond Firetails ~ Javas ~ Forbes Parrot Finches ~

Canary
Pip
Pip

Re: Do my birds need something to hide in?

Post by Canary » Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:18 am

sparrowsong98 wrote: So I recently removed the nest from my birds cage. Now they have started a very strange habit. Whenever anyone they dont know, the dogs, or anyone with a hoodie comes upstairs, they run behind the cuttlebone. When they are scared they go there, when they are tired they cram both of themselves behind there. Basically they hide behind there and their mirror anytime anything out of the ordinary happens. I think they want somewhere to hide, even though they have their cage in the corner of the room. They are not gettiing their nest back, so what should I give them? Is there like a perch with covered sides or something like that that they would like to have?
Hi, try covering the cage when you get visitors.
Ceri. Wales Uk.