Aggressive Gouldian

For "miscellaneous" finch-related questions.
Icearstorm
Weaning
Weaning

Aggressive Gouldian

Post by Icearstorm » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:48 am

A few minutes after the lights came on, my female gouldian started hissing at and beak fencing with one of my society finches. This is relatively normal, so I didn't think too much about it. But a few minutes later, she flew up to my female Java finch and grabbed her by the nape. About a minute after that, she attacked the Java finch again and tried to pull out her uppertail coverts. The Java finch was eating some eggfood, if that makes a difference.

Why is my gouldian acting like this? She's always been a bit odd, but this seems unusual, even for her.

lovezebs
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Re: Aggressive Gouldian

Post by lovezebs » Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:36 pm

Icearstorm

Could be frustrated about something or another.

If she keeps it up, I would remove her to a seperate cage for a while. How is she treating her mate? Are they nesting again?
~Elana~

Linnies~ Canaries ~ Zebras ~ Societies ~ Gouldians ~ Orange Cheeks ~ Shaft Tails ~ Strawberries ~ Red Cheek Cordon Bleu ~ Goldbreasts ~ Red Brows ~ Owls ~ Budgies ~ Diamond Firetails ~ Javas ~ Forbes Parrot Finches ~

Fraza
Molting
Molting

Post by Fraza » Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:25 pm

Maybe she’s just finding everyone annoying lol :D
FINCHES I HAVE
Bengalese
zebras
Java sparrows
Silver bills
java x beng hybrid

PETS IVE HAD
dogs
Fish
Cocktiel
Doves
Hybrid cherry x Bengalese
Stars
Heck’s
Canary’s

My favourite is COCO my grey pearl society cock been here since the start my flock leader

YOUTUBE CHANNEL
https://m.youtube.com/results?q=fraser% ... de101&sm=3

Icearstorm
Weaning
Weaning

Post by Icearstorm » Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:24 pm

lovezebs

She's fine with her mate and is not nesting. I moved the pair back into the flight a few days ago, so maybe she just got comfortable enough to express her annoyance. Everyone looks fairly relaxed at the moment, so hopefully that was a one-time thing.

lovezebs
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by lovezebs » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:28 pm

Icearstorm

Sounds like she needed to reassert her position in the flight. Hopefully all will be well from here on.
~Elana~

Linnies~ Canaries ~ Zebras ~ Societies ~ Gouldians ~ Orange Cheeks ~ Shaft Tails ~ Strawberries ~ Red Cheek Cordon Bleu ~ Goldbreasts ~ Red Brows ~ Owls ~ Budgies ~ Diamond Firetails ~ Javas ~ Forbes Parrot Finches ~