Do zebras always sleep alone?

For "miscellaneous" finch-related questions.
hfinney
Fledgeling
Fledgeling

Do zebras always sleep alone?

Post by hfinney » Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:11 pm

I adopted four new zebra finches today (all male, two gray and two CFW). They were enjoying their new home today and seemed to be getting along fine, though I did find a few white feathers on the floor this evening.

Because there are four males, I did not put a nest in the cage because I want to keep fighting to a minimum. But I just peeked in their cage, and all four birds are in separate corners on separate perches in the cage.

Is this normal? Do they always sleep separately? Do I need to put a nest in there for them? I guess I expected them to sleep scrunched up together like my societies. :D
Attachments
IMG_9504.JPG

lovezebs
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Re: Do zebras always sleep alone?

Post by lovezebs » Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:30 pm

hfinney

Congratulations on the new kids :-BD . Very handsome little guys.

No nests!

Zebras, do not usually sleep alone. They will snuggle close to each other, although they won't pile up like Socies.

The reason as to why they are sleeping alone at this point, is probably because they're in a new place, and may or may not know each other well enough to sleep close together.

Give them some time to get acquainted, and to get comfortable in their new home.

Good luck.
~Elana~

Linnies~ Canaries ~ Zebras ~ Societies ~ Gouldians ~ Orange Cheeks ~ Shaft Tails ~ Strawberries ~ Red Cheek Cordon Bleu ~ Goldbreasts ~ Red Brows ~ Owls ~ Budgies ~ Diamond Firetails ~ Javas ~ Forbes Parrot Finches ~

hfinney
Fledgeling
Fledgeling

Post by hfinney » Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:41 pm

Thank you! I wondered if they just needed time to adjust to their new cage and to each other. Little cuties!

lovezebs
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by lovezebs » Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:22 am

hfinney

They are adorable :) .
~Elana~

Linnies~ Canaries ~ Zebras ~ Societies ~ Gouldians ~ Orange Cheeks ~ Shaft Tails ~ Strawberries ~ Red Cheek Cordon Bleu ~ Goldbreasts ~ Red Brows ~ Owls ~ Budgies ~ Diamond Firetails ~ Javas ~ Forbes Parrot Finches ~