zebra finch

For "miscellaneous" finch-related questions.
Istiak
Pip
Pip

zebra finch

Post by Istiak » Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:30 am

as my male zebra finch is aggressive,after laying 3eggs i saparated them.Now 2chicks are in the nest.when i should put the male back on the cage?

lovezebs
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Re: zebra finch

Post by lovezebs » Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:08 am

Istiak

If the male is aggressive, I would keep him out of there as he may toss or injure the chicks.
~Elana~

Linnies~ Canaries ~ Zebras ~ Societies ~ Gouldians ~ Orange Cheeks ~ Shaft Tails ~ Strawberries ~ Red Cheek Cordon Bleu ~ Goldbreasts ~ Red Brows ~ Owls ~ Budgies ~ Diamond Firetails ~ Javas ~ Forbes Parrot Finches ~

Fraza
Molting
Molting

Post by Fraza » Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:49 pm

Istiak if the female is feeding the chicks keep the Dad away because they maybe abandon the chicks to make new ones
FINCHES I HAVE
Bengalese
zebras
Java sparrows
Silver bills
java x beng hybrid

PETS IVE HAD
dogs
Fish
Cocktiel
Doves
Hybrid cherry x Bengalese
Stars
Heck’s
Canary’s

My favourite is COCO my grey pearl society cock been here since the start my flock leader

YOUTUBE CHANNEL
https://m.youtube.com/results?q=fraser% ... de101&sm=3

Flight Feathers
Brooding
Brooding

Post by Flight Feathers » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:28 pm

Yes I agree, putting the male back in will upset them. Put the male back with the female, once the babies are weaned and in a seperate cage :-)
~Flight Feathers Bird Home~

14 Zebra Finches, 4 Budgies, 3 Cockatiels, 2 Canaries, 7 Chinese quail, 3 Bengalese Finches, 1 Turquoise Parrot, 1 Goldfinch

Now a member of the NZFBA!

http://www.thepictaram.club/instagram/f ... thersbirds

Blackzeb
Pip
Pip

Post by Blackzeb » Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:23 am

Has the chicks come out of the nest if so remove the nest box the reason for the male aggressiveness is the male bird is going to breed again and see the chicks as threats so if the chicks are out and fully feathered remove the nest box for another 3 to 4 weeks and put the male with the chicks.....
....<♡●○☆■□◇>.....
I love Zebra finches.....
Own 10 pairs
Have zebra finches mutations Triple B, Orange body, Black breast, Black face, Isabella, Crested, Pied, Normal gray and many more....
Like to breed other mutations...
Own an Alaxander parrot...