Need to re-home my finch

For "miscellaneous" finch-related questions.
coopdog
Pip
Pip

Need to re-home my finch

Post by coopdog » Fri Aug 24, 2018 2:45 pm

Thank you for accepting me into the group. I have a dilemma, and I'm hoping somebody here can help me out. I have owned finches for over 30 years, but my husband and I recently retired and want to do a lot of traveling that we have been planning for years. I only have one male society finch right now (his room mate passed a few weeks ago), and I don't feel it would be good for me to get another since I would be leaving them all the time and might not be able to find good care for them. Meanwhile, poor little Mocha is all alone. So I am trying to find him a good home, but not having any luck. I don't really want to use craigslist or the humane society since I have no idea who might get him. Does anybody on here have any suggestions? I live in the Denver, CO area. Thank you.

wildbird
Brooding
Brooding

Re: Need to re-home my finch

Post by wildbird » Fri Aug 24, 2018 11:40 pm

I wouldn't use craigslist, and don't give your society away, as some "people" will use free or cheap birds for snake food. These "people" probably hang out on craigslist. You might think of getting another male so he will have company, and when you find a home, they will have the two so he won't be alone in the new home. If someone who is not in your area wants him, with your traveling, maybe you could take a trip to their area with him.

wildbird
Brooding
Brooding

Re: Need to re-home my finch

Post by wildbird » Fri Aug 24, 2018 11:43 pm

If you do get another male, make sure it is a society, not a zebra.