Aging Flock

For "miscellaneous" finch-related questions.
Acelin_Wolf
Persistent Pursuer
Persistent Pursuer

Aging Flock

Post by Acelin_Wolf » Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:19 am

Hey, yall. :D

Since I last posted on here, I built and moved all my finches to a single indoor aviary. Everyone is doing great, but because I got most of my finches at the same time (and mostly from chain petstores), they're all passing away in close proximity. My flock is mostly down to society finches, and although I love them, my favorites are orange cheek waxbills! The problem is...I don't know where to get more. I've gotten so desperate that I'm considering buying them online at thefinchfarm.com (which seems to have decent reviews, but the shipping is, like, $70+).

I live in the Chicagoland area. Is there any bird fairs or breeders or smalltime pet stores I should be know about that can help me with my finch problem? Currently, I only know about the Midwest Bird Fair in Rolling Meadows & Joliet Illinois.

Sheather
Proven
Proven

Re: Aging Flock

Post by Sheather » Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:21 pm

Don't do finchfarm... I had birds arrive very sick.

Are you willing to travel a bit? The Ark Pet Shop And Petland in Merillville, Indiana have orange cheek waxbills. Two at each store, $40 each Petland and $50 each the Ark. These are about an hour or two outside Chicago.
~Dylan

~~~

Acelin_Wolf
Persistent Pursuer
Persistent Pursuer

Re: Aging Flock

Post by Acelin_Wolf » Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:02 am

Thank you so much! That's good to know about finchfarm. I'm always skeptical about ordering animals online anyway. Never done it before.

I'm very willing to travel, but my husband isn't. Which is a problem because his is the car of the household. XD