Posting Question?

For questions about this forum or affiliated finch websites.
Jon
Fledgeling
Fledgeling

Posting Question?

Post by Jon » Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:03 pm

I'm not sure if I need a certain number of posts, or if I missed something of the like, but does everyones' posts need to be approved by a moderator before others can see it?

Sally
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Re: Posting Question?

Post by Sally » Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:07 am

No, the only members who need to have their posts approved are newly-registered members. Once you are approved for regular member status, you will not have to have each post approved by a moderator. It is inconvenient, but unfortunately, we have had to make a few changes to the forum. This policy helps us keep out spammers and others who don't have the best interests of the membership or the forum at heart.
3 Purple Grenadiers, 1 Goldbreast + 1 cat.

National Finch & Softbill Society - http://www.nfss.org

redbeak
Pip
Pip

Post by redbeak » Thu Dec 11, 2014 4:41 pm

How many approved posts are we required to have exactly?
I have been looking for this information but cant seem find it.

I posted about a sick chick yesterday, and not that there would have been a difference in the end had my post been posted right away, but I was immediately put in panic mode after i clicked submit, and my post went to moderation for review.

It was not a good feeling in an emergency situation.
I told myself that if my bird had actually died in the interim of my post being approved, I would find myself a different board to use....
That scenario did not play out, so here I am looking for an end to the "probation" period...

Maybe this safeguard could be disabled for like an "Emergency" section of the forum, if there was one? :)

I am not trying to cause a stir, just wondering how much longer i am probationary member... this should be my 9th post on the board.

tobyrosie
Hatchling
Hatchling

Post by tobyrosie » Fri Dec 12, 2014 4:04 pm

I was told after 10 posts they don't have to be approved anymore.