Stepping Down as Moderator

For questions about this forum or affiliated finch websites.
Sally
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Re: Stepping Down as Moderator

Post by Sally » Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:51 pm

Thanks for the well-wishes everyone. I've spent the last few days hauling mulch, loads of dirt, moving cinder blocks--all to try to build a raised bed veggie garden. Getting up and down is not as easy as when I was a youngster, so I'm trying to make it easier on myself, and killing myself in the process! :lol: There's something wrong with this picture. #-o

Hilary, it is a 9-day Caribbean cruise out of Miami, stopping at Samana, Tortola, Antigua, Barbados, St. Kitts. Going with 5 family members, so we should have a great time. We'll probably just go to the beach on the stops, do some snorkeling--I've done enough bus tours to last me a lifetime! I am so excited, can hardly wait.

Have had to pull all the nests, etc., on the breeding pairs, as I can't have babies arriving while I'm gone. So the birds are going on vacation, too, and I'll set them all back up in December.
3 Purple Grenadiers, 1 Goldbreast + 1 cat.

National Finch & Softbill Society - http://www.nfss.org

Hilary
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by Hilary » Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:06 am

You must be serious, to be pulling nests! I'm lucky - I just have the gouldians breeding, and my sitter will dole out the fresh eggfood everyday. Can't do that with your waxbills!
Hilary

Domenic
Weaning
Weaning

Post by Domenic » Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:56 pm

I'm sorry to hear that Sally. I hope you don't take too much time off the forum, I love seeing you around here. :D I wonder who has offered to take care of your flock when you're gone! :lol:
Zebra, Orange cheeks, Owls, Gouldians, Blue-Capped Cordon Bleus, Goldbreasts, Black Face Fires, & Button Quail

http://www.Ironsidecomputers.com

Rayray
4 Eggs Laid
4 Eggs Laid

Post by Rayray » Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:43 am

This is what i get when i am not around for a month or so ... a mod that goes and a new mod showed up ... the first one : tnx for doing this *job* and the second one * congrats *

and third : i try to be inhere more often :wink:

Ray

lovemyfinch
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by lovemyfinch » Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:59 am

We missed you RayRay, glad to see you back =D>
Janine

shaftails,gouldians,societies,green singers,owls,cubans, and 1 parrotlet

CandoAviary
Good Egg
Good Egg

Post by CandoAviary » Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:13 pm

Yep, missed you too and I need to check out those vacation pics...I was beginning to think you got ate by a shark while catching some waves in Hawaii...............

FeatherHarp

Post by FeatherHarp » Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:37 pm

Sally....you have done a great job as Moderator....thank you for giving of your time... your inspiration.....helpful advice and all those great birdie photos you shared.

Good luck on your upcoming Cruise....I hope it will be an awsome and wonderful time for you and that you actually forget to worry about your birds...if only for a minute or so :lol:

Looking forward to your cruise photos in the future and I am sure you will find some exotic birds to photograph too. :D

mickp
Weaning
Weaning

Post by mickp » Thu Nov 25, 2010 6:13 am

Congrats on a job well done Sally =D>

I bet if you ask real nice though that you would be allowed one cage of birds on the cruise with you :lol:
Addicted to Finches, yes I do admit it.
I pray they never find a cure.

AussieFinchForum

L in Ontario
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus

Post by L in Ontario » Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:36 am

Rayray wrote:This is what i get when i am not around for a month or so ... a mod that goes and a new mod showed up ... the first one : tnx for doing this *job* and the second one * congrats *

and third : i try to be inhere more often :wink:

Ray
I think you need to try harder, Ray! Do update us on your birds soon.

When is your cruise, Sally? Before or after Christmas?
Liz

dfcauley
Molting
Molting

Post by dfcauley » Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:52 am

Sally,
I never read this part of the forum...... :oops: so I am just now seeing this. Thank you for all that you have done for the foum and for being such a great friend to me.
I feel so honored that I have got to meet you in person and even swap a few birds with you.
I look forward to seeing you again soon and hope you enjoy your new "free time" away from being moderator. I am sure you have plenty of things to occupy you. :lol: :lol:
Donna

hfentj
Flirty Bird
Flirty Bird

Post by hfentj » Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:41 am

I agree with everyone else, your the Best, enjoy yourself. =D>
1 pair BCCB, 1 pair Star, ? pair Owls, 6 Gouldians, 1 Isable Zebra male, 1 male Pintail Whydah. 4 Dogs, 2 Cats, 3 Cows, Chickens, 1 rabbit and fish. I think that is it. Heidi

annague
Proven
Proven

Post by annague » Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:17 am

Sally, just now reading this and want to wish you the best for your new endeavors. I've really enjoyed all your posts and pictures and will be anxiously awaiting news and pictures again anytime you post.
I will miss your input and advice on waxbills/CB's, etc. :(

Have a great relaxing time on your cruise. I hear the food can be very good!
Anna

Lots of Red Throat Parrot Finches, Forbes, Gouldians, BCCB's, RCCB's, Owls, Societies, and BB Fires. Plus, one wonderful 15 year old son, one wonderful husband and two rotten-to-the-core Border Terriers.