Stepping Down as Moderator

For questions about this forum or affiliated finch websites.
Sally
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Stepping Down as Moderator

Post by Sally » Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:45 pm

It is with much regret that I announce that I am stepping down as a moderator of the Finch Forum. I simply don’t have the time right now to devote to it properly, and it is not fair to Hilary and Liz and the members not to be able to spend enough time to do the job. I will definitely continue as a member of the Forum, I just may not be around quite as much.

I have much work to do around my place, which has been neglected for far too long, and I’m also looking forward to a Caribbean cruise later this year. After 40 years in the travel industry, I’m going on my first cruise!

I came to the Forum as a newbie in 2007. I had lurked for months, then finally joined, then lurked some more. I was afraid to ask questions, afraid to show my ignorance. But I found the friendliest, most helpful people on this Forum, who treated me with courtesy and respect. Constructive criticism was offered, tips and ideas shared. When I suffered disasters, I found sympathetic ears. When I reveled in my successes, I had a veritable cheering section behind me.

Hilary and Liz will have quite a job—the Forum has grown so much that it is difficult to keep up with all the new posts sometimes. I know that every member will work to make their often thankless job easier.
3 Purple Grenadiers, 1 Goldbreast + 1 cat.

National Finch & Softbill Society - http://www.nfss.org

soloisok
Mature
Mature

Re: Stepping Down as Moderator

Post by soloisok » Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:49 pm

Thank you for all you've contributed and will continue to contribute in your slightly different role. You were one of the first to take me under your wing and I'm grateful for your wisdom and friendship.

Hugs!
~Stephani
Top Bench Finches Aviary
DFW, TX
Zebras & Societies

L in Ontario
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus

Post by L in Ontario » Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:52 pm

Best wishes for all your future plans, Sally; and many, Many thanks for all you have done which is totally immeasurable and oh so appreciated.

We'll all be waiting to hear of your next Strawberry clutch and of course all about your long awaited cruise too!

Take care! =D>
Liz

cindy
Bird Brain
Bird Brain

Post by cindy » Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:05 pm

Liz said it perfectly...Sally you have been wonderful, an inspiration. Enjoy your cruise!

See you on the forum from time to time!

Zebra, Gouldians, Java, CBM Shaft tail & Grasskeets

~ My Facebook groups ~

*Finchaholics ~ finches, hookbills, softbills & canaries are welcome here!
discussions regarding species, housing, breeding, preventatives, treatments

*Birdaholics ~ Avian Classified Ads Only

lovemyfinch
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by lovemyfinch » Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:16 pm

Enjoy you extra time Sally =D> And boy doesn't a cruise sound so relaxing :mrgreen: Can't wait to hear about the newest clutches, always exciting. =D>
Janine

shaftails,gouldians,societies,green singers,owls,cubans, and 1 parrotlet

WhiteMagicWoman
Perfect Partner
Perfect Partner

Post by WhiteMagicWoman » Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:25 pm

Although I have been a member for a short time, everyone here has made me feel quite at home. You and the other moderators have made this forum into something really special!

Thank you!

I hope to see more from you in way of member participation when you get the chance.

Sending good wishes your way...

:D
Susan ~ Image

Hilary
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by Hilary » Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:00 pm

:cry:

Sally, you've been wonderful, and hopefully this will give you less time at the computer and more around the birds!
Hilary

BillD
4 Eggs Laid
4 Eggs Laid

Post by BillD » Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:53 pm

Awe geez Sally.. Hope you know if I may help you, you only need to ask.
Please stay in the forum.
2 polydactyl Snowflake felines and a new Panther non-poly feline.. Working on building the bloodline of the local Fawn Owls.

poohbear
Weaning
Weaning

Post by poohbear » Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:39 am

See you around Sally....The last cruise I went on was 52 years ago...I think it was the Titanics sister ship. :D

Trisha
Nestling
Nestling

Post by Trisha » Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:36 am

Sally, thank you so much for all your advice and help. You will be greatly missed. Enjoy your cruise!
Trisha
Red Cheek cordon bleus, Orange Cheek waxbills, 1 Maltese, 1 Toy Poodle, 1 Pomeranian, 1 aquarium, and Purple Martins (when they are here)

sierranomad
Persistent Pursuer
Persistent Pursuer

Post by sierranomad » Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:41 am

Sorry to hear it Sally. I've really appreciated your influence in the short time I've been on the board.
Jon

5 sweet Societies, 5 mischevious Zebras, 2 female Stars; 3 European Goldfinches.

Wishlist: Cordon Bleu, Gold breast, Red Headed Parrot

"I have Red Headed Parrot tastes, but a Zebra budget."

Ursula
Proven
Proven

Post by Ursula » Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:57 am

Thanks so much for all you did for this forum, Sally!

Can't wait to see pictures of your cruise, I hope you will share some! :-)
Walk-in aviary with Waxbills (6 Cordon Bleu, 3 Orange Cheek, 3 Black-rumped, 1 Lavender, ), 1 European Goldfinch, 4 Gouldians, 2 Spice Finches, 6 Owl Finches, 4 Budgies and 2 male Button Quail.
I also have 2 parrotlets, 3 dogs, 1 snake and 3 freshwater fishtanks.

CandoAviary
Good Egg
Good Egg

Post by CandoAviary » Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:17 pm

Best wishes for your new endeavers..... be it work around your place or enjoying that cruise! :D
It has been my pleasure meeting you through your words and learning from you finch husbandry.
Though I know we did not always see eye to eye on certain subjects, I always admired your fair handling of things and have the utmost respect for you. I am sure I will continue to learn much from you through this forum when you visit and share.
I know you will have continued success with your waxbills and your showing. I wish you only the best :D

Pukasand
Brooding
Brooding

Post by Pukasand » Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:45 pm

Ahhh, so sorry to hear you're stepping down, but I realize it must be in your best interest. Please keep us posted about the Berries and, of course, that well-deserved cruise! You will be sorely missed. :( Blessings.
JUDY

Canary: Blue, Red & Yellow, BC Cordon Bleu, Strawberry, Star, European Goldfinch, Owl, Shaftail, Splendid, Rosey Bourkes, Cocker Spaniel gal, Portuguese Water guy, and a freshwater tank. (no partridge, but I do have a pear tree).

Hilary
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by Hilary » Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:22 pm

So Sally, now that you have the time, where are you going on the cruise? I'll be happy to volunteer to bird-sit for you while you're gone (he he he he he......)
Hilary