Added privacy feature, site ranks, staff list, etc

For questions about this forum or affiliated finch websites.
Crystal
Brooding
Brooding

Added privacy feature, site ranks, staff list, etc

Post by Crystal » Mon Jul 30, 2007 12:28 am

I modified the board so that no one's email address can be seen by people who are not logged in to the forum (registered users). If you have opted to keep your e-mail address hidden in the profile (account settings) tab, this does not affect you. All users who opted to keep their e-mail address viewable, however, will now only have their e-mail address viewable to other board members who are logged in. This prevents spam bots from collecting e-mail addresses from the members list, profile views, topic views, etc.

I also added some extra site ranks (based on post count) as you may have noticed (the rank is the little image and title that shows up below your user name/avatar). If you look at the links on the left hand side, below the "Other ways to contribute: Finchinfo wishlist" link you will notice a small link for "Ranks." Clicking this link will allow you to see all the ranks currently available on the site as well as how many posts are required to reach each one. I had some difficulty thinking up creative names for some of the ranks, so if you can think of a funny or appropriate title to use for any of the images, let me know and I'll consider changing the rank text.

There is also a small link for "Staff" below the Ranks link. This is a list of all current forum Staff: administrator and moderators. Admin is listed in red and moderators are listed in blue (forum_admin is my "moderator test account" and not another user). If you ever have any problems with the board, a post, or another member, etc., you can contact any of the Staff about the issue and we will work to resolve it.

On the subject of Staff, I'd like to give recognition to our moderators Tammie and Hilary! They are doing an excellent job keeping this board running smoothly, so a special thanks to them for all their hard work :)

And on the subject of forum Members, you guys are all excellent. I could not be more happy to have such a helpful and friendly community of people to learn from and share with. Thanks everyone for helping to make this forum so great.

Enjoy the new additions!

EmilyHurd
Complete Clutch
Complete Clutch

Post by EmilyHurd » Mon Jul 30, 2007 2:54 am

I agree... this is my favorite forum!

tammieb
Brooding
Brooding

Post by tammieb » Mon Jul 30, 2007 6:36 am

Thanks for maintaining such a great site Crystal. I know there's a lot of behind the scenes work involved. :)
TammieB.

Use the talents you possess - for the woods would be a very silent place if no birds sang except for the best. ~Henry Van Dyke~

Crystal
Brooding
Brooding

Post by Crystal » Mon Jul 30, 2007 6:51 am

Ha! Just wait 'til you see the TOS draft, Tammie! ;)

It's pretty...thorough.

tursiopschic
Mature
Mature

Post by tursiopschic » Mon Jul 30, 2007 2:58 pm

Hah, i like the rank names...very cute!
~olivia

lia-w
Nestling
Nestling

Post by lia-w » Mon Jul 30, 2007 3:02 pm

Man, those little rank icons are SO cute! 8)

L in Ontario
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus

Re: Added privacy feature, site ranks, staff list, etc

Post by L in Ontario » Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:03 am

The site-ranks seem to have disappeared from the left side of the screen. Any chance of getting them back? Or adding to them? :mrgreen:
Liz