How does a deleted member get reinstated?

For questions about this forum or affiliated finch websites.
livinonaprayer
Flirty Bird
Flirty Bird

How does a deleted member get reinstated?

Post by livinonaprayer » Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:07 pm

I know someone that was on the finch forum a while back and was deleted due to inactivity. What does this person have to do to get back on? She tried to register with a new username but it said that the email address is already in use.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. :)
-Arlene
-Arlene

"Nature does nothing uselessly."-Aristotle

Hilary
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Re: How does a deleted member get reinstated?

Post by Hilary » Thu May 26, 2011 10:22 pm

Sorry - just saw this. If you can send me a message with the member's old member name I can probably just reactive the membership.
Hilary

L in Ontario
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus

Post by L in Ontario » Fri May 27, 2011 7:47 am

Wow - I missed this one too. I'm sure Hilary can get them back onboard.
Liz

Ursula
Proven
Proven

Post by Ursula » Fri May 27, 2011 9:10 am

I didn't know that members get deleted when inactive? :shock: How long do you have to be inactive before you get deleted? :?:
Walk-in aviary with Waxbills (6 Cordon Bleu, 3 Orange Cheek, 3 Black-rumped, 1 Lavender, ), 1 European Goldfinch, 4 Gouldians, 2 Spice Finches, 6 Owl Finches, 4 Budgies and 2 male Button Quail.
I also have 2 parrotlets, 3 dogs, 1 snake and 3 freshwater fishtanks.

Hilary
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by Hilary » Sat May 28, 2011 10:14 am

Incentive to post! :lol:

Actually, a couple of months ago we did a "spring cleaning", and deactivated members who had been registered for over a year but had never posted. Ursula, I think you're safe...... :wink:
Hilary

Ursula
Proven
Proven

Post by Ursula » Sat May 28, 2011 1:16 pm

Yes, right now I'm sure I am. :-) But my job is boring at the moment and I am looking for something else. When I'm busier at work I won't be able to post as much. (even now I have a hard time reading all the posts, it's almost impossible. ;-) ) But Not posting for a year, that's long. I agree. If people are members they shouldn't only lurk but participate in discussions.
Walk-in aviary with Waxbills (6 Cordon Bleu, 3 Orange Cheek, 3 Black-rumped, 1 Lavender, ), 1 European Goldfinch, 4 Gouldians, 2 Spice Finches, 6 Owl Finches, 4 Budgies and 2 male Button Quail.
I also have 2 parrotlets, 3 dogs, 1 snake and 3 freshwater fishtanks.

CandoAviary
Good Egg
Good Egg

Post by CandoAviary » Sat May 28, 2011 1:55 pm

Ursula,
I know many people that just read but don't comment, or comment very little.
Some just want to know what's going on in the finch circles. I have been contacted by several people about my store opening... of course when I ask them how they knew, they either saw it here or someone that did see it told them about it. I have even had another pet store call me from a neighboring city and telling me that this was a bad business to start with the economy the way it is and that I was making a mistake.....
I found that most amusing. I told them it's always nice to make money but I am driven by offering hard to find products in this area and hopefully to find good homes for my peeps :D (heck, I will probably actually save money by opening my shop...at least I will be able to write off 100% of my birdseed now :wink: )
I have a few other friends that just cruise the marketplace and such for business purposes. They will PM and contact that memeber to sell them birds...or they are looking to buy.
I get many emails from listing my website or PM's from people that are here on the forum...yet I would never know it... they are invisable for the most part .
I tend to do my advertizing and shopping elsewhere... I come here to chat, share, learn and to see what my finch friends have popping out of their nest...or what they are building now :D
I know what you mean about boring job..............
I usually do my forum reading while on hold with insurance companies while conducting business for Changing Tide Properties, our real estate management business. Or when printing material. It makes those task fly by... get it .... fly by :lol:

Sally
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by Sally » Sat May 28, 2011 4:33 pm

You don't have to be a member of the forum to read all the posts, look at the gallery, do searches, or contact any member who has their website listed in their signature. You do have to be a member of the forum to post, send PMs, look at the Phoogle map, or see the Calendar beyond the current week. This is much more liberal than many forums, which require someone to be a member in order to even read posts.

It was suggested that the membership list be cleaned up, and I'm not sure how many, but quite a few pages worth of members were deleted. Most of these were people who had never made a single post. It was just normal housekeeping. As Hilary said, incentive to post! :lol:
3 Purple Grenadiers, 1 Goldbreast + 1 cat.

National Finch & Softbill Society - http://www.nfss.org

Domenic
Weaning
Weaning

Post by Domenic » Sat May 28, 2011 10:56 pm

I bet most of the members who were deleted had not logged on in a long time. I have not been posting much anymore due to my full time job and highschool, but I do log on almost everyday to check the forum and see what everyone's up to.
Zebra, Orange cheeks, Owls, Gouldians, Blue-Capped Cordon Bleus, Goldbreasts, Black Face Fires, & Button Quail

http://www.Ironsidecomputers.com

mickp
Weaning
Weaning

Post by mickp » Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:49 am

Glad I wasn't deleted [-o<
Had been a few months between visits :roll:
Addicted to Finches, yes I do admit it.
I pray they never find a cure.

AussieFinchForum

Foosa101
CocoFiber Craftsman
CocoFiber Craftsman

Post by Foosa101 » Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:17 pm

So, you can't get deleted for posting to frequently then...good to know. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mozelle
CocoFiber Craftsman
CocoFiber Craftsman

Post by Mozelle » Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:31 pm

Foosa101 wrote:So, you can't get deleted for posting to frequently then...good to know.
LOL!
~ Tracy ~
3 lovely Societies - Crested and pied, and 1 lovely but lonely Gouldian hen... Looking for a mate!! :)

khoderic
Hatchling
Hatchling

Post by khoderic » Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:02 am

I had to register under a new email address because I couldn't access my previous account.

Can I get the inactive account deleted so I can change my email address to the old one?

When I try to do that I get this message: "The entered e-mail address is already in use."

The old account is registered to "deric".

Thank you mods.
Breeder: gouldians, zebras, owls and stars

Deric @ Finch Kings

lovemyfinch
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by lovemyfinch » Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:19 am

Are you sure that your name used was deric? I am unable to find it on either the members list or the banned list :?
Janine

shaftails,gouldians,societies,green singers,owls,cubans, and 1 parrotlet

L in Ontario
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus

Post by L in Ontario » Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:28 am

Or if you tell Janine (by PM if you wish) what your old email address was and Janine should be able to look it up that way.
Liz