Gallery pic came up anonymous?

For questions about this forum or affiliated finch websites.
alaska
Pip
Pip

Gallery pic came up anonymous?

Post by alaska » Mon Jun 26, 2006 8:34 pm

Hi Crystal,
I was wondering if you could help me with the Gallery.

I would like to know how to upload pictures to your gallery that have my username with them.

I uploaded a picture of my Parsons Heidi and Seik, it shows up as anonymous.
I am logged into the forum as Alaska, but when I go to the gallery it uploads as anonymous, and if I click on Login in the gallery it takes me back here to the forum but then it shows me logged in here as Alaska again???
I am a little confused...am I doing something wrong?
Thanks
Alaska

Hilary
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by Hilary » Mon Jun 26, 2006 10:44 pm

Thanks Alaska - I have the same question!

Hilary

Crystal
Brooding
Brooding

Post by Crystal » Tue Jun 27, 2006 12:45 am

I think it has something to do with the session or cookie not being recognized by the gallery as still present... so the gallery treats you as though you are "logged out," but I am not entirely sure, because I just installed these scripts for the gallery and the forum; I didn't write them myself.

I log in by going to www.finchforum.com and using the login boxes to the left (where other things like "helpful finch link" etc. are listed). then I click the "gallery" tab/link from the top menu and go from there.. I haven't had any problems with the gallery treating me as though I were anonymous or logged out, so I'm not sure why it doesn't work for you. It could be that your browser settings are different... I can't be sure though because I just don't know enough about this stuff, unfortunately.

Sorry :(

alaska
Pip
Pip

Post by alaska » Tue Jun 27, 2006 3:51 am

Thanks for the info Crystal,

I did exactly the same process to login then go to the gallery then upload a pic. Sounds like Hilary has experienced something similar... and from the amount of anonymous pics that are uploaded there, perhaps others are having similar difficulties.
Anyone reading this thread who has encountered this please let us know with a quick post.

Now for an attempt at a solution!!!!
Do these two scripts come with any support?
If so perhaps they can check this and rewrite some code.
If not....you may be in luck...I myself am a programmer proficient in Html, Css, Php and MySql (as well as others), and these languages are what both scripts are using.
I had a quick look and it does look like there may be an issue between the forum and the gallery scripts when it comes to sessions, the problem I have is that I am reading the scripts as I see them on my computer, after they have processed information. The original scripts are the things that have the actually mechanics of the page in it, this is where changing some code would give a solution.
It could be as easy as adding a line such as:
session_start();
header("Cache-control: private");
into the gallery header page, however I cannot tell without seeing the original script.
Are these two scripts you use freely available?
If so what are the url's and I will download them and take a look and see if I can rewrite some of it for you.
If not, if you would like to send the scripts to my email I can do the same.

I am sure if I read both scripts there would be something very small that would have to be changed/implemented to fix this.

Anyways, I am rambling, hope I haven't confused you, if you do find that this is a re-occuring problem, if you need it...I can help.

Regards
Alaska