posible new forum section?

For questions about this forum or affiliated finch websites.
FeatherHarp

Re: posible new forum section?

Post by FeatherHarp » Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:29 am

Interesting thread. I just wanted to mention that I have a finch buddy that has a pair of Zebra brothers that are hand tamed. The breeder who tamed them had also hand fed them. They are the cutest guys!

I have been over to his house and the Zebe brothers will sometimes sit on your finger and come sit on you (when they feel like it). Some days they don't respond as well to the finger. Maybe it takes continuous daily training?

DanteD716
Good Egg
Good Egg

Re: posible new forum section?

Post by DanteD716 » Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:52 pm

FeatherHarp wrote:Interesting thread. I just wanted to mention that I have a finch buddy that has a pair of Zebra brothers that are hand tamed. The breeder who tamed them had also hand fed them. They are the cutest guys!

I have been over to his house and the Zebe brothers will sometimes sit on your finger and come sit on you (when they feel like it). Some days they don't respond as well to the finger. Maybe it takes continuous daily training?
Deborah, yes, continous daily training. My old hand tamed would start getting nervous if left even a day without her practice. Sometimes I would need to start training over again
Dante