Internal Error 500?

For questions about this forum or affiliated finch websites.
cindy
Bird Brain
Bird Brain

Internal Error 500?

Post by cindy » Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:15 pm

I was wondering what an error message with a 500 means. Sometimes when posting I hit submit and the message comes up. I go back to view the topic on the active page to see if my response posted or I have to rewrite it again, it is there but the topic has a yellow flag next to like I never viewed the topic thread.

Just curious....it has happened a few times but just wondering if it is something within my system which has been updated or a issue with posting. Do we report this when it happens?

Zebra, Gouldians, Java, CBM Shaft tail & Grasskeets

~ My Facebook groups ~

*Finchaholics ~ finches, hookbills, softbills & canaries are welcome here!
discussions regarding species, housing, breeding, preventatives, treatments

*Birdaholics ~ Avian Classified Ads Only

debbie276
Bird Brain
Bird Brain

Re: Internal Error 500?

Post by debbie276 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:21 pm

The 500 Internal Server Error is a very general HTTP status code that means something has gone wrong on the web site's server but the server could not be more specific on what the exact problem is.

http://pcsupport.about.com/od/findbyerr ... rerror.htm
Debbie
long time breeder of lady gouldians:
Green
SF Pastel (SF Yellow)
Pastel (Yellow)
Blue
SF Pastel Blue (SF Yellow Blue)
Pastel Blue (Yellow Blue)

GREAT articles on avian lighting:
https://mickaboo.org/confluence/downloa ... ummary.pdf
http://www.naturallighting.com/cart/sto ... sc_page=56

cindy
Bird Brain
Bird Brain

Post by cindy » Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:25 pm

Thank you Debbie, it is just odd how it does it but posts. I am unsure when typing out a post perhaps on helping with mutations and the 500 message appears...you hold your breath hoping your writings are not lost.

~ My Facebook groups ~

debbie276
Bird Brain
Bird Brain

Post by debbie276 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:27 pm

I have to say I have gotten that error quite a few times on this forum. Sometimes my post goes through, sometimes not and other times in multiples. :lol:
Debbie
long time breeder of lady gouldians:
Green
SF Pastel (SF Yellow)
Pastel (Yellow)
Blue
SF Pastel Blue (SF Yellow Blue)
Pastel Blue (Yellow Blue)

GREAT articles on avian lighting:
https://mickaboo.org/confluence/downloa ... ummary.pdf
http://www.naturallighting.com/cart/sto ... sc_page=56

cindy
Bird Brain
Bird Brain

Post by cindy » Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:29 pm

it did the multiples yesterday twice!! I know I did not hit submit twice!!!!

~ My Facebook groups ~

L in Ontario
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus

Post by L in Ontario » Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:31 pm

I get it too sometimes - including today. We'll ask Crystal to see if it can be remedied.
Liz

cindy
Bird Brain
Bird Brain

Post by cindy » Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:32 pm

Thank you Liz...it does not happen often put just odd when it does.

~ My Facebook groups ~

bugaboo5
Weaning
Weaning

Post by bugaboo5 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:54 pm

Me four! It happens to me too. Sometimes I'm confused whether or not my post goes through but I've realized my post does go through in most cases -- sometimes double! :)
God is my redeemer and it is through Him I have found eternal happiness. I am grateful, I am blessed, and I am truly loved. I wish all this and more for all members of our finch forum family. May you all be blessed and highly favored. <3

~*Friend, companion, and caretaker for too many birds to count.*~

Sally
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by Sally » Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:17 pm

We see lots of double posts on here, try to delete the extras for people. I can live with the double post, as it is easily remedied, but I really want to scream when I have spent quite a bit of time composing a very lengthy message, and then it all disappears!
3 Purple Grenadiers, 1 Goldbreast + 1 cat.

National Finch & Softbill Society - http://www.nfss.org

bugaboo5
Weaning
Weaning

Post by bugaboo5 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:25 pm

Sally wrote:I really want to scream when I have spent quite a bit of time composing a very lengthy message, and then it all disappears!
Ditto! This happens to me on email all the time. I simply have to walk away from the computer and calm myself down because there's nothing more frustrating than having to have to rewrite something long and extensive. It's just never the same the second time! :lol:
God is my redeemer and it is through Him I have found eternal happiness. I am grateful, I am blessed, and I am truly loved. I wish all this and more for all members of our finch forum family. May you all be blessed and highly favored. <3

cindy
Bird Brain
Bird Brain

Post by cindy » Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:26 pm

Been there...done that!!! Now that is frustrating especially if you are referencing sites within your post!

~ My Facebook groups ~

Sally
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by Sally » Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:31 pm

bugaboo5 wrote:
Sally wrote:I really want to scream when I have spent quite a bit of time composing a very lengthy message, and then it all disappears!
Ditto! This happens to me on email all the time. I simply have to walk away from the computer and calm myself down because there's nothing more frustrating than having to have to rewrite something long and extensive. It's just never the same the second time! :lol:
I know! Sometimes I have spent quite a few minutes thinking of just the word I want to use, and then when the draft disappears before I can post it, I can never remember exactly what I said previously--very frustrating! Part of it is age, my vocabulary has suffered, and I was a spelling-bee champ in 7th grade but now have to look up words far too often. But part of it is these darn computers--they confound me!

bugaboo5
Weaning
Weaning

Post by bugaboo5 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:44 pm

Sally wrote:
I know! Sometimes I have spent quite a few minutes thinking of just the word I want to use, and then when the draft disappears before I can post it, I can never remember exactly what I said previously--very frustrating! Part of it is age, my vocabulary has suffered, and I was a spelling-bee champ in 7th grade but now have to look up words far too often. But part of it is these darn computers--they confound me!
Trust me, it happens to the best of us! :lol: I use to freak whenever the Internal Error message popped up but now I just push the back button and usually the writing is still there. When I'm writing something long, I've gotten into the habit of copying as I write just in case I need to "paste" later. =)) The "disappearing act" has happened to me too many times. The horrible thing is 8 times out of 10, I always forget to copy so I end up having to have to rewrite the whole thing anyway. All this technology is great, but it sure drives people crazy sometimes -- myself included! Wow, spelling-bee champ? That's amazing. I watch the spelling bee contestants now and feel bad for those poor kids. Some of them look like they are going to pass out from the stress. But I understand having knowledge of good vocabulary and being able to spell is a very important skill. Spelling counts! =D>

Sally
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by Sally » Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:27 pm

Yes, it was just our town, but I was quite proud. We lived on the Army post, so our high school was made up of post kids and townies. When I won the spelling bee, I was supposed to go on to Topeka for the state championship. But the school board decided that the town couldn't be represented by someone from the Army post, I wasn't really 'from' the town, so I was replaced by the girl who came in second. Her father just happened to own the largest car dealership in town, and he was quite influential. My first lesson in 'It's not what you know, but who you know."

L in Ontario
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus

Post by L in Ontario » Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:56 pm

Sally wrote:Yes, it was just our town, but I was quite proud. We lived on the Army post, so our high school was made up of post kids and townies. When I won the spelling bee, I was supposed to go on to Topeka for the state championship. But the school board decided that the town couldn't be represented by someone from the Army post, I wasn't really 'from' the town, so I was replaced by the girl who came in second. Her father just happened to own the largest car dealership in town, and he was quite influential. My first lesson in 'It's not what you know, but who you know."
FOUL! Not fair at all - that's a tough lesson to learn so young! :evil:
Liz