Has Liked/Been Liked?

For questions about this forum or affiliated finch websites.
30 Seconds to Bob
Weaning
Weaning

Has Liked/Been Liked?

Post by 30 Seconds to Bob » Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:41 pm

Sorry people, but I don't really know what this means as I'm a bit behind on the times. I assume it has something to do with facebook, of which I am not a member of. These forums are as close as I get to any form of social media. I recently had a "friend request" on my dog forum from some guy from China and I think I scared him away for good in my translation thinking I really "liked" him. :lol: I apologise if I'm supposed to do something when someone "likes" me or somehow like them back. I wouldn't know how to begin. :oops: Maybe I should ask my wife or one of my kids someday, as I'm certain they know everything about it. Just for the record - so far I "like" everyone here. :D Bob
3 canaries
2 orange cheeked waxbill finches
2 java finches, 1 split to normal, 1 white
2 bourke parakeets
1 american staffordshire/american pit bull terrier
1 boston/jack russel terrier mix
6 adopted stray cats
2 adult, 1 young leopard gecko
4 fish tanks and 4 fish bowls
3 turtles
2 teenage kids and 1 wife

Crystal
Brooding
Brooding

Re: Has Liked/Been Liked?

Post by Crystal » Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:54 pm

Bob,

The "Likes" feature is "just for fun." You don't have to use it or "like back" the person who liked you (though you're welcome to). It's meant for people to express their joy/approval/etc. when they read your post.

If you do decide to "like" someone's post, just click the Image thumbs-up icon that is located at the bottom right hand area of whatever post you like. :0)

L in Ontario
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus

Post by L in Ontario » Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:58 pm

The thumbs up on the lower right side of any post can be clicked on in order to thank the aurthor or show your appreciation for that post. There is no need to reciprocate or no action is needed on your part. It is similar to Facebook likes but is not linked to Facebook.

If someone wants to share a thread onFacebook or Twitter they can click on either the F or the T in the first post of the thread they wish to link.

HTH - hope that helps. :-)
Liz

30 Seconds to Bob
Weaning
Weaning

Post by 30 Seconds to Bob » Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:00 pm

Thanks for explaining that Crystal! I just gave you a "like" for that. Does everyone else know this or am I the only dumb one? Bob
3 canaries
2 orange cheeked waxbill finches
2 java finches, 1 split to normal, 1 white
2 bourke parakeets
1 american staffordshire/american pit bull terrier
1 boston/jack russel terrier mix
6 adopted stray cats
2 adult, 1 young leopard gecko
4 fish tanks and 4 fish bowls
3 turtles
2 teenage kids and 1 wife

BillD
4 Eggs Laid
4 Eggs Laid

Post by BillD » Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:01 pm

I was responding with the same. Ya'll beat me to it. We LIKE the content of a post.
2 polydactyl Snowflake felines and a new Panther non-poly feline.. Working on building the bloodline of the local Fawn Owls.

BillD
4 Eggs Laid
4 Eggs Laid

Post by BillD » Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:03 pm

you are not dumb. just cautious.. no worries. Welcome!!!
2 polydactyl Snowflake felines and a new Panther non-poly feline.. Working on building the bloodline of the local Fawn Owls.

Crystal
Brooding
Brooding

Post by Crystal » Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:05 pm

Thanks for pointing out that it's not linked to anyone's facebook account, Liz :0) I forgot to address that part! It's in the style of the Facebook "Like" feature, but not related to/affiliated with Facebook in any other way.

Also thanks for the like Bob ;) No worries about not knowing what it was all about at first - it's not intuitive, especially if you haven't been a member of Facebook :0)

Sally
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by Sally » Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:27 am

Don't feel bad, Bob, I am not up on all this social media stuff either. I don't do twitter, facebook, or even text, and all I do with my cellphone is make phone calls (but I still have my land line, and it is my primary phone). The computer is my one vice in this area. Oh, I forgot, I do have a GPS thing in my car, which has been a lifeline, since I am directionally challenged. I don't even have caller ID, so I get people who call and don't leave a number, thinking I will know it. :roll: I am really perfectly content in my little 20th century world! :lol:
3 Purple Grenadiers, 1 Goldbreast + 1 cat.

National Finch & Softbill Society - http://www.nfss.org