Site admins missing in action ?

For questions about this forum or affiliated finch websites.
alex
Pip
Pip

Site admins missing in action ?

Post by alex » Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:57 pm

I just found out about this site (finchinfo.com) and got quite impressed by the amount of information available here.

However I did notice that there were no updates since September 2007. I also noticed that the main admin has not showed up on this forum since August 2007 (Crystal). Same for tammieb.

Is the site abandoned ? or is there a reason for this hiatus ?

Hilary
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by Hilary » Sun Apr 06, 2008 2:37 pm

I wish I could answer that! I'm one of the moderators. I've tried to reach Crystal repeatedly for various problems we've experienced but she's a definite MIA. I guess that as long as the site runs smoothly and she doesn't decide to take it down we can just continue to enjoy it! It's a shame, though, because she has so much knowledge to share!
Hilary

FeatherHarp

Post by FeatherHarp » Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:17 am

I was noticing this too and was kind of wondering if we had been "abondoned in the nest" so to speak. :(

Thank you Hilary for helping to keep the Forum going....even though it seems you have been left holding the bag as it were.

It would be a real shame to lose this source of Finch information! There isn't much in the way of Forums for Finches as it is.

I just hope no technical difficulties come up to take this site down....it would be a real shame to lose it.

I have learned so much here and I would be lost without it and the many wonderful people who visit and share their knowledge.

Kiko
Persistent Pursuer
Persistent Pursuer

Post by Kiko » Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:32 pm

Is there any way for Hilary to "dump" the information to a disk, or some form of storage? Just in case?
Lynn

Hilary
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by Hilary » Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:22 pm

Kiko, I wish I could! Unfortunately I don't have access to the server. Alex was able to dig up some additional possible contact info for Crystal, though, so I shot her an email. Hopefully the email address is still good!
Hilary

Kiko
Persistent Pursuer
Persistent Pursuer

Post by Kiko » Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:38 am

Oh I see. Yes, I really do hope that you are able to contact her, this is a gem of a site!
Lynn

Hilary
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by Hilary » Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:04 am

Success - Crystal is back in the flock! :D Seems that previous emails were going straight to the spam box, so my thanks to Alex for finding the other email address. Crystal is available in case there are any issues.
Hilary

Sally
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by Sally » Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:23 am

Yay!! I do hope Crystal starts posting again. She seems to have special expertise in health matters. We can all read articles on housing, nutrition, breeding, etc., but unless you have had health issues with your birds, it is often hard to diagnose, much less decide what action to take.

L in Ontario
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus

Post by L in Ontario » Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:13 am

Welcome back Crystal!!
Liz

williep
1 Egg Laid
1 Egg Laid

Post by williep » Wed Apr 16, 2008 5:12 am

Wow, Hilary thanks for doing the hard yards to get hold of her.

It's good to know that she will be available again, I have not come across a better and more informative website and forum especially designed for finches so I'm really glad to see that the legacy will continue.

Crystal, when you read this I would just like to say thanks for the valuable information you provided, I've learned more the last couple of months than the last 15 years I was involved in finches. :wink:

FeatherHarp

Post by FeatherHarp » Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:53 am

I am with you williep....this site and the FIC link has been a wonderful education for me as well. :D

alex
Pip
Pip

Post by alex » Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:06 am

Hilary wrote:Success - Crystal is back in the flock! :D Seems that previous emails were going straight to the spam box, so my thanks to Alex for finding the other email address. Crystal is available in case there are any issues.
Now I look like a stalker :shock:

But well, glad if I could help.

She mentioned any intentions to keep on with the development of the site or she only has time in case there are issues ?

Hilary
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by Hilary » Sat Apr 19, 2008 12:29 am

I'll keep her notified of any issues. Hopefully her schedule will finally allow her to start posting again. :D
Hilary

alex
Pip
Pip

Post by alex » Sat May 03, 2008 12:19 pm

Did not really had "posts" in mind but more about the site development.

Like the "Aviary of the month" article that is "coming soon" for example.

I'm especially waiting for those because I would like to build myself some large aviary in one of the rooms of my new house so... Looking for ideas :)

And of course more articles, species, etc...

Site development :D