Very Few Members On The Forum Lately...

For questions about this forum or affiliated finch websites.
Maleficum
Nestling
Nestling

Re: Very Few Members On The Forum Lately...

Post by Maleficum » Thu Mar 24, 2016 4:07 am

I'm one of the newbies ;) I just started with finches again after a few years with budgies and doves.
I joined because we don't have any Swedish finch forums and it's nice with a place to ask questions and learn more. I try to read most of the posts but I don't comment or write as much as I'd like to mostly sins English is not my main language and I'm a really lousy writer even when I write in Swedish.

Hopefully I have time to be more active in the future but right now I'm to busy and worried about my sick dog.
Deviantart <-- Drawings, Photos, Porcelain painting.

Instagram <-- Follow my blind rabbit on Instagram.

StodOne
Amateur Architect
Amateur Architect

Post by StodOne » Thu Mar 24, 2016 11:12 am

Maleficum Whats the matter with your puppy? :(
I've had a dog that got sick , while walking him my grandfather didn't know that he wasn't very obedient , he ran off and we couldn't find him , after a few days he returned but had difficulties breathing .
I didn't know what happened to him , I didn't think he was actually sick it didn't seem like it , after some time the sickness was very obvious , we called a vet and he injected him with something , overdosed him with this medicine he gave him and my dog died in front of my eyes , I was torn apart.
Later we placed him in the shed and decided to bury him tomorrow , because it was really late.
I went to the shed to look at him and some blood started pouring from his mouth , which I now know why , he was probably hit by a car or something , or was beaten up while he was lost , had an internal bleeding I am assuming his lungs got punctured.
The vet with all the symptoms we told him thought it was something totally different that had nothing to do with internal bleeding.
Since that happened I don't trust any vets in my country , that is why when some people on the forum told me to go take my bird to a vet I said that I wont.
Here vets wont even bother checking bird if it has bacterial infection , will even tell you that there is something wrong with your pet when there is absolutely nothing wrong just so you buy their product.
Sorry if I got a bit out of hand but take good care of your dog and check if your vets are qualified before taking him to one .

Maleficum
Nestling
Nestling

Post by Maleficum » Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:39 pm

StodOne
He is old (13,5 years) and have problems with his heart and lately some nights he pees himself and he is getting a bit confused :( but he is lucky because my sister-in-law is a cat & dog vet so they know each other and she can help keeping an eye on him.

I'm really sorry about your dog :( it's really terrifying when they run away and you have no idea what happens to them. Must be horrible not having any vets to trust! I'm lucky and live really near one of the best exotic pet vets in my country (we don't have that many) and I always go there with my sick birds and bunnies.
Deviantart <-- Drawings, Photos, Porcelain painting.

Instagram <-- Follow my blind rabbit on Instagram.

StodOne
Amateur Architect
Amateur Architect

Post by StodOne » Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:47 pm

Maleficum Poor thing :( I hope he gets better, fingers crossed.