Very Few Members On The Forum Lately...

For questions about this forum or affiliated finch websites.
delray
Tech Assistant, Social Media Manager & Mod Extraordinaire

Re: Very Few Members On The Forum Lately...

Post by delray » Sun Aug 30, 2015 8:50 pm

Babs thanks this is great!! :lol: :lol:
Brian
Phineas: Lightly Pied Chestnut
Ferb: Dilute Fawn

FINCHforum Moderator & Social Media Manager

Instagram: https://instagram.com/finchforum/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/FINCHforum

KarenB
Proven
Proven

Post by KarenB » Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:39 pm

lovezebs, et al

I am one of those folks who has somewhat "disappeared" lately. It's not that I don't love you guys. You are great! But I have been very busy with life in general, and I have not even been spending much time on my computer.

I started racing my mountain bike this summer, and in addition to that I go to a boot camp exercise class three nights a week. I barely have time to feed the birds and do my laundry here lately. Plus, all the extra time I do have, I have been spending with my new "rescue" African grey parrot, Corky. I've only had him for about eight weeks now, but it has taken that long to get him to step up willingly onto my hand from inside his cage. Baby steps.

Anyway, I occasionally have popped in to read a few posts, but I haven't had much in the way to share. Also, I recently sold all of my waxbills. They were in the living room in a 3 foot cube flight, which was just taking up so much room, and I needed more space for the parrot cage. Sacrifices we make.

I still have my gould pair, their babies, and lots of societies, as well as my owl pair (Annie just lays empty teeny tiny eggs nowadays) and the parrotfinch pair and their offspring. OH, and lest I forget about Steve, my timbrado canary, and Zoe the blue-throated macaw terrorist/lovebug.

Sending good vibes and thoughts your way!
KarenB

lovezebs
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by lovezebs » Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:21 pm

KarenB

LoL..... Karen, hello there.

I know you've been busy with your gorgeous new boy Corky. Glad to hear that things are coming along nicely with him. Of course it will take time, after what that poor sweetie went through.

Had no idea you were bike racing, and doing this boot camp thingie too. You must be in super great shape woman :-).

Good luck with all your projects. Please keep us updated about Corky, I would love to know how he comes along.

Best wishes
~Elana~

Linnies~ Canaries ~ Zebras ~ Societies ~ Gouldians ~ Orange Cheeks ~ Shaft Tails ~ Strawberries ~ Red Cheek Cordon Bleu ~ Goldbreasts ~ Red Brows ~ Owls ~ Budgies ~ Diamond Firetails ~ Javas ~ Forbes Parrot Finches ~

Babs _Owner
Molting
Molting

Post by Babs _Owner » Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:32 am

KarenB

Keep us updated on all of Corky's progress. It was a wonderful (and tragic) story of rescue and it would be great to know about how happy he is now :)

Chief
Pip
Pip

Post by Chief » Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:15 pm

Are there any North Georgia members on Finch Forum to visit with and trade bloodline in the Gouldian species category.

I have tried to post before, but because I am a newbie, my post was refused by the administrators.

Maybe that is why the posts dwindle and then people complain about the lack of posting.

Sort of like a dog chasing his tail. He can not quite catch it. Of course, if he did, he might be sorry.

Sally
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by Sally » Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:24 pm

Chief wrote: Are there any North Georgia members on Finch Forum to visit with and trade bloodline in the Gouldian species category.

I have tried to post before, but because I am a newbie, my post was refused by the administrators.

Maybe that is why the posts dwindle and then people complain about the lack of posting.

Sort of like a dog chasing his tail. He can not quite catch it. Of course, if he did, he might be sorry.
Hmmm, not sure why your posts were refused, as I only refuse a post if it contains spam or links to spam, etc. I will delete when there is a duplicate post, approving the original, which happens sometimes when the newbie thinks their post didn't go through. Can't remember the last time I ever denied approval of a post, though. Our registration process has been quite successful at eliminating the spammers who used to plague us. So sorry this happened to you. Be assured that once you have reached regular member status, your posts will no longer have to be approved by any administrator/moderator.

And welcome to the forum! There's lots of good reading at www.finchinfo.com, where you will find many articles on finch care and especially the Gouldian finch. If you put your general location in your profile, it makes it easier to answer locale-specific questions later on.
3 Purple Grenadiers, 1 Goldbreast + 1 cat.

National Finch & Softbill Society - http://www.nfss.org

delray

Post by delray » Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:27 pm

Chief welcome to the forum! Have you tried to post an introductory thread in our introduction section? More members will be able to see/ answer your question. The reason newbies do not have all capabilities is to prevent spam and other unwanted posts, but clearly this is not spam. Let me know if you have any questions/concerns.

Brian- Social Media Manager
Brian

Arama
Perfect Partner
Perfect Partner

Post by Arama » Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:01 pm

I'm still here, just caught up in a rather long book.
Trisha

ohboi_jc
Persistent Pursuer
Persistent Pursuer

Post by ohboi_jc » Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:51 pm

Don't think I can ever leave this place - this place is what started my addiction so I am always lurking and chiming in when I can.
Joshua

Societies: Fawn, Gray, & Ino
Gouldians: GBs, YBs, and BBs
Strawberries: Amandava amandava

Started finching 05.14.2013
(List keeps getting longer every time you look at it...)

Madcat
2 Eggs Laid
2 Eggs Laid

Post by Madcat » Sat Sep 12, 2015 8:02 pm

ohboi_jc

Amen to that!!! Glad I have everyone here to depend on!!!
30+ Gouldians
1 Red Cheeked Cordon Bleu
1 White Society
1 Fawn Owl

Kelly
Perfect Partner
Perfect Partner

Post by Kelly » Sat Sep 12, 2015 8:06 pm

I'd be lost with out this forum :D
K℮ɭɭϒ

Never be guilty of sacrificing any portion of truth on the altar of of peace~ JC Ryle

lnlovesorange
4 Eggs Laid
4 Eggs Laid

Post by lnlovesorange » Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:18 am

So I'm reviving this... delray he gets a pass cuz he has school, but I've seen a LOT of new members, and don't get me wrong, I was MIA (speaking of Miacarter.... miss that woman) cuz i had so much craziness going on in my life... Now the only craziness is the addition of birds, and dealing with breeders.... I like that kind of craziness much better.... Anyhow.... Just wanted this to pop up at the top so members can chime in again.... Hi guys, I'm back and more of a pain in the bumm than ever!!! <3

slwatson
Proud Parent
Proud Parent

Post by slwatson » Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:47 am

I don't have a laptop or dependable computer at home, and I don't like using my cell for the forum. So during the week when I'm free at work, I jump on my computer to see what's happening. It's my version of yoga or meditating...it relaxes me :D
Stacie
Look up Tweets & Beaks on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/Tweets-Beaks-1 ... 0/?fref=ts

delray

Post by delray » Wed Mar 23, 2016 2:43 pm

lnlovesorange I'm here!! :D :D
Brian

Stinch
Mature
Mature

Post by Stinch » Wed Mar 23, 2016 5:20 pm

Hi.

I'm not usually online due to school and spending my time on the internet in other corners of the internet.

A bit off-topic, but this Owl Finch Avatar is really nice. Who made it?