Very Few Members On The Forum Lately...

For questions about this forum or affiliated finch websites.
lovezebs
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Very Few Members On The Forum Lately...

Post by lovezebs » Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:17 pm

Hello Fellow Finch Lovers...

Is it just me, or do other people find that we seem to be a shrinking group? I don't know if it's just because of the Summer months, or what it is, but a lot of people seem to have disappeared off these pages lately. Has anyone else noticed this?

To the folks who have left us, if you ever read through some of these Posts, I would like to say: PLEASE COME BACK TO US, YOU ARE MISSED!!!
~Elana~

Linnies~ Canaries ~ Zebras ~ Societies ~ Gouldians ~ Orange Cheeks ~ Shaft Tails ~ Strawberries ~ Red Cheek Cordon Bleu ~ Goldbreasts ~ Red Brows ~ Owls ~ Budgies ~ Diamond Firetails ~ Javas ~ Forbes Parrot Finches ~

Sheather
Proven
Proven

Re: Very Few Members On The Forum Lately...

Post by Sheather » Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:08 pm

I am here D:
~Dylan

~~~

lovezebs
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by lovezebs » Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:29 pm

Sheather
I know, and we all love you. :-D
However, have you noticed what I mentioned as well?
~Elana~

Linnies~ Canaries ~ Zebras ~ Societies ~ Gouldians ~ Orange Cheeks ~ Shaft Tails ~ Strawberries ~ Red Cheek Cordon Bleu ~ Goldbreasts ~ Red Brows ~ Owls ~ Budgies ~ Diamond Firetails ~ Javas ~ Forbes Parrot Finches ~

MiaCarter
Molting
Molting

Post by MiaCarter » Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:56 pm

I have noticed this!
A few of my favorite people are gone. :-(

But I'm not going anywhere! LOL
I enjoy birdie talk!
Humum to....
13 Zebra Finches....and 2 squeeps!
3 Society Finches
6 Gouldians
1 Weaver
1 Pintail Whydah
2 Cockatiels
2 Parakeets

....along with 1 MinPin, 1 Pug, 1 JRT, 1 Yorkie, 2 Chihuahuas and 15 cats.

www.PetFinchFacts.com

ROOKIEBREEDER
Nestling
Nestling

Post by ROOKIEBREEDER » Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:10 pm

I'm here :lol: :lol:

finchmix22
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by finchmix22 » Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:34 pm

I'm here too. The flux of the members who are online at any given period changes throughout the seasons and years. Sometimes, it's very busy and other times, not so much. I notice more activity during breeding seasons and when there's lots to share. I enjoy the forum either way though. :mrgreen: =D>
DEBORAH

Sally
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by Sally » Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:37 pm

Though some of the members who posted a lot have left, we still have many new members--58 in the month of August, and 47 more since Sep. 1. Many are hesitant to post, preferring to follow the posts of others, and sometimes newbies worry that they will say something dumb. They don't realize that we all started out knowing next to nothing, and we've all made those same newbie mistakes. My personal philosophy is that it is up to all of us to help the newbies, to make them feel welcome and comfortable, so they feel that they are not judged for making beginner mistakes. I have little patience for those experienced breeders who no longer have time for those just starting out--thank goodness, they are in the minority!
3 Purple Grenadiers, 1 Goldbreast + 1 cat.

National Finch & Softbill Society - http://www.nfss.org

David
Jute Junkie
Jute Junkie

Post by David » Sun Sep 21, 2014 12:59 am

Of matter what I'm here now. I am one of those disappeared since February this year too :/ and didnt post anything til recent weeks, cuz I was busy take care of my finches and life, besides I almost forgot what my login and password info lol. Just found it less than weeks ago. I noticed some of the members are gone for a long while too, anyway I am back! :)

David

David
Jute Junkie
Jute Junkie

Post by David » Sun Sep 21, 2014 1:03 am

"No matter what " sorry for the typo. Sometime I asked some weird and stupid questions too, even joined here since last year in October. But I'm not afraid of ask even simple questions, hopefully the newbies will do the same and don't be afraid to share anything or bird talk here. That's why newbies always looking forward to get some help, advices, or answers from members been here long time. I hope they will join us and continue post up here!

David

lovezebs
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by lovezebs » Sun Sep 21, 2014 1:17 am

Good to know that some of us are still here, and that there are new people joining all the time (A heart felt Welcome to all our new Members =D> ).
I just find it a little sad, that quite a few seemed to have dropped off the face of the earth. I miss them, and wonder why they drifted away.

I'm sure glad you guys are still here, and you know who you all are. :-BD
~Elana~

yegbirdlover
Pip
Pip

Post by yegbirdlover » Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:31 am

I re-joined in August... After having been gone for over a year. There were some not so nice words exchanged by an unscrupulous person last winter, and I decided to take a break and watch from afar. I'm now back, and enjoy reading others posts, meanwhile making the odd post here and there. :)

I'll try to post more!

afinch
3 Eggs Laid
3 Eggs Laid

Post by afinch » Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:11 am

I'm fairly new so I don't know anybody other than the people that are currently active here. They do seem rather scarce given the size of the group. MiaCarter and lovezebs make up for that though ;)

MiaCarter
Molting
Molting

Post by MiaCarter » Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:11 am

afinch --- Indeed! I suppose I am a bit chatty, eh? LOL And I'm a fast typer and always online working, so definitely around a lot!

@Sally --- Well said! I've always said that the stupid question is the one you don't ask!

I personally love helping newbies (and anyone else for that matter!) I see SO many animals --- birds, cats, dogs, and beyond --- who suffer as a result of an owner's ignorance. I don't mean to imply they're not caring or well intentioned. Most are! But they lack important knowledge (and don't realize they're lacking that knowledge) and the animal can suffer as a result.
So always better to ask questions and learn! Everyone wins out -- the owner, the animal and anyone else who's reading along!
Humum to....
13 Zebra Finches....and 2 squeeps!
3 Society Finches
6 Gouldians
1 Weaver
1 Pintail Whydah
2 Cockatiels
2 Parakeets

....along with 1 MinPin, 1 Pug, 1 JRT, 1 Yorkie, 2 Chihuahuas and 15 cats.

www.PetFinchFacts.com

delray
Tech Assistant, Social Media Manager & Mod Extraordinaire
Tech Assistant, Social Media Manager & Mod Extraordinaire

Post by delray » Sun Sep 21, 2014 12:01 pm

I'm here!! :mrgreen:

lovezebs but I am noticing it myself as well. Slowly, some of my favorite members have stopped posting on the forum. :( but I am still very happy with the members that we have now!! So many newbies that I hope will stay active.

But we still have many of the awesome members that are always active that I really like talking with like lovezebs miacarter sally finchmix22 Sheather karenb harley2013 and so many more!!
:D
Brian
Phineas: Lightly Pied Chestnut
Ferb: Dilute Fawn

FINCHforum Moderator & Social Media Manager

Instagram: https://instagram.com/finchforum/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/FINCHforum

lovezebs
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by lovezebs » Sun Sep 21, 2014 1:35 pm

delray
Stay with us, Brian. :-D or we will :'(
~Elana~