My 2000th Post

For questions about this forum or affiliated finch websites.
lovezebs
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Re: My 2000th Post

Post by lovezebs » Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:31 am

delray

G'mornin' Brian.

I think you should explain to your parents, how you're older now, and so much more responsible. Offer as proof, how well you've been looking after the boys..... If you've got some $ saved up towards a purchase, that just might sway things in the right direction too :-).

Who knows, eh? :-D :-D

~Elana~
~Elana~

Linnies~ Canaries ~ Zebras ~ Societies ~ Gouldians ~ Orange Cheeks ~ Shaft Tails ~ Strawberries ~ Red Cheek Cordon Bleu ~ Goldbreasts ~ Red Brows ~ Owls ~ Budgies ~ Diamond Firetails ~ Javas ~ Forbes Parrot Finches ~

delray
Tech Assistant, Social Media Manager & Mod Extraordinaire

Post by delray » Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:12 am

lovezebs hey Elana. Yah, I agree. I am in the somewhat posible process of getting 2 gouldians in a few months. That is the species I really want. I still have lots of more convincing to do though. Lol. Are they considered messy? They seem to be a very neat species, which would be great for us. Also, they would have to be housed with P+F in the 30/18. Hopefully I can get em!!!!
Brian
Phineas: Lightly Pied Chestnut
Ferb: Dilute Fawn

FINCHforum Moderator & Social Media Manager

Instagram: https://instagram.com/finchforum/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/FINCHforum

lovezebs
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by lovezebs » Wed Apr 22, 2015 3:24 pm

delray

Hi Bri.

Gouldians , are no messier than any other birds really, and they are quiet. As to housinf 4 in that size cage, hmmmmm.....

Might have to invest in another cage, take the floor off one and the roof off the other, and make it into a double decker.

~Elana~
~Elana~

Linnies~ Canaries ~ Zebras ~ Societies ~ Gouldians ~ Orange Cheeks ~ Shaft Tails ~ Strawberries ~ Red Cheek Cordon Bleu ~ Goldbreasts ~ Red Brows ~ Owls ~ Budgies ~ Diamond Firetails ~ Javas ~ Forbes Parrot Finches ~

delray

Post by delray » Wed Apr 22, 2015 3:35 pm

lovezebs the cage seems to be the only problem. I'm not sure if we can get a larger one. It's not about the $, just space. Would they be too cramped?
Brian
Phineas: Lightly Pied Chestnut
Ferb: Dilute Fawn

FINCHforum Moderator & Social Media Manager

Instagram: https://instagram.com/finchforum/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/FINCHforum

Ginene
Molting
Molting

Post by Ginene » Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:25 pm

They will be fine in that cage, Brian. It's not the ideal set up, but it's fine. It will be a non breeding cage with 4 males. If they were owls or waxbills, I would say no way...but societies and gouldians aren't as active some other species.
@lovezebs...the deal breaker for him is the cage size. 30"W is the priority...height, not so much. The cage calculator @ the finch info link doesn't even consider height in its housing calculation...so stacking 2 30x18's will have the same housing recommendation as 1 30x18. I have a nice, white 30x20x36 on a stand he could have, but there's no way mom & dad will go for it right now. Let's get the birds first and then work on the cage upgrade ;)
Last edited by Ginene on Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lovezebs
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by lovezebs » Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:28 pm

delray

Might be a bit tight Brian....
Both Gouldians and Socies, are fairly easy going so I don't think there would be any problems with that, but taller would be better, to offer them more room to stretch out their wings, and not run into each other.

~Elana~
~Elana~