IF YOU HAVE ANY CONCERNS WITH THE FORUM, PLEASE LIST HERE.

For questions about this forum or affiliated finch websites.
lovezebs
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

IF YOU HAVE ANY CONCERNS WITH THE FORUM, PLEASE LIST HERE.

Post by lovezebs » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:26 pm

Hello Everyone on the Forum :-H

As you know, our Forum is undergoing some changes.

If you come across any issues, or have any problems with the site (posting, including pictures, missing information, etc.), please feel free to list them in this Thread, with a detailed explanation of what exactly is happening.

It will be looked into in due time, and hopefully resolved as soon as possible.
~Elana~

Linnies~ Canaries ~ Zebras ~ Societies ~ Gouldians ~ Orange Cheeks ~ Shaft Tails ~ Strawberries ~ Red Cheek Cordon Bleu ~ Goldbreasts ~ Red Brows ~ Owls ~ Budgies ~ Diamond Firetails ~ Javas ~ Forbes Parrot Finches ~

Stuart whiting
Weaning
Weaning

Re: IF YOU HAVE ANY CONCERNS WITH THE FORUM, PLEASE LIST HER

Post by Stuart whiting » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:56 pm

Hi Elana :-H

Yea I've definitely got one issue and that is when it comes to loading up pics onto the forum,

I'm not exactly photo geninic and I use me iPad to take pics, I take many pics but only the rare odd occasion one or two of me pics will load up, for the life of me I really can't understand why this is,

A lot of times I go to load a pic and it repetitively keeps on saying file to big as the maximum size needs to be bla bla bla,

This is very annoying because I simply don't have this problem on me uk based British bird forums because I can take whatever pic I like and it automatically loads any of me pics,

I've got bird pics of the waxbills in me birdroom and the forum just simply will not let me load em up ~X(

The ridiculous part about it is that I use me iPad to take the pics and yet I use the very same iPad to go onto the forum, infact I only ever use me iPad to go onto any of me forums so logically one would think that the pics should automatically load up because the same device is being used for both pics and the forum but unfortunately this dosen't appear to be the case,

If this load up pic facility can be altered in any way I'm sure that many more people would be inclined to wanna post more pics as I'm sure that I'm not the only one who's had these annoying problems,

Some other forums that I'm also on have an automatic override facility and will load up pics regardless of size because it automatically crops the size as its being loaded onto the forum

I'm seriously gonna be [-o< For this to be improved but at the present I'm not counting me chickens :roll:
Last edited by Stuart whiting on Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:13 pm, edited 3 times in total.

lovezebs
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by lovezebs » Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:02 pm

Stuart whiting

I had the same problem for a long time Stuart.
I resolved it, by downloading a 'Photo & Picture Resizer', and haven't had any problem since.

If I have a picture which shows up as too large, I simply go into the Resizer, shrink the picture to the appropriate size, and then post it on here.

Looking forward to seeing your birdies :D .

Good luck.
~Elana~

Linnies~ Canaries ~ Zebras ~ Societies ~ Gouldians ~ Orange Cheeks ~ Shaft Tails ~ Strawberries ~ Red Cheek Cordon Bleu ~ Goldbreasts ~ Red Brows ~ Owls ~ Budgies ~ Diamond Firetails ~ Javas ~ Forbes Parrot Finches ~

lovezebs
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by lovezebs » Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:08 pm

Finch Information Site is missing.
~Elana~

Stuart whiting
Weaning
Weaning

Post by Stuart whiting » Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:19 pm

lovezebs wrote: Stuart whiting

I had the same problem for a long time Stuart.
I resolved it, by downloading a 'Photo & Picture Resizer', and haven't had any problem since.

If I have a picture which shows up as too large, I simply go into the Resizer, shrink the picture to the appropriate size, and then post it on here.

Looking forward to seeing your birdies :D .

Good luck.
Ok that may sound to be a good move Elana, I'll give it a go but no doubt I'll come across another problem :-J

lovezebs
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by lovezebs » Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:22 pm

Stuart whiting

Nah.... don't borrow trouble my friend.

Maybe once everthing is settled, something can be done with this issue on a more permanent basis, but for now it's a good band-aid, lol.
~Elana~

Stuart whiting
Weaning
Weaning

Post by Stuart whiting » Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:24 pm

lovezebs wrote: Finch Information Site is missing.
Erhh....... :-??

Dosen't seem to be a problem at my end, I've gone straight onto the species guide of the site which is on me homepage and appears to have no problems, went through the whole site and seems fine :YMHUG:

lovezebs
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by lovezebs » Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:29 pm

Stuart whiting

Not showing on my end for some reason, lol.

See what I mean about glitches ~X( =))
~Elana~

Stuart whiting
Weaning
Weaning

Post by Stuart whiting » Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:36 pm

lovezebs wrote: Stuart whiting

Not showing on my end for some reason, lol.

See what I mean about glitches ~X( =))
#-o .....oh I was waiting for such a comment Elana :)) :-J PMSL

lovezebs
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by lovezebs » Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:51 pm

Stuart whiting

:?: Not sure what you mean (?)
~Elana~

haroun
Incubating
Incubating

Post by haroun » Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:48 pm

Certainly the websit encouters issue today due database manipulation by the admin.
From my side all is clear and undestood after i have got the clarifications. I lost some pictures posted yesterday but i reload them again. Lost also some of my replies on other topics which had totaly dispear when i use my emailto reach them i got the topics no more exist fe some Fraza topics about zebra and society clutch

lovezebs
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by lovezebs » Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:26 pm

haroun

Well, glad to hear that things are coming along nicely my friend.
Enjoyed the pictures of your birds by the way :) .
~Elana~

Crystal
Brooding
Brooding

Post by Crystal » Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:53 pm

I removed the donate/wishlist/tipjar & finchinfo links since this will be someone else’s site soon :-) The new owner can add the finchinfo link back if they want, or any others they feel are helpful, of course!

lovezebs
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by lovezebs » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:15 pm

Crystal

Thanks Crystal.
~Elana~

Crystal
Brooding
Brooding

Post by Crystal » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:56 pm

Update: please note that images/file uploads have been temporarily disabled while site transfers ownership in an attempt to not lose further data during the process.