Should the FIC be updated more?

For questions about this forum or affiliated finch websites.

do you think the FIC should be updated:

Poll ended at Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:35 am

annually
14%
bi-annually
50%
monthly
21%
weekley
14%
an updated FIC is unimportant to me
No votes

Total votes: 14

Sally
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by Sally » Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:55 am

Thanks for bringing this up, sean. I have taken this site for granted all this time. Crystal was still contributing on a regular basis when I joined, and she had so much information on health issues, which is my weakest area. I know it is always disappointing to go to the FIC for some answers, only to find that the article is still 'coming soon'.
3 Purple Grenadiers, 1 Goldbreast + 1 cat.

National Finch & Softbill Society - http://www.nfss.org

williep
1 Egg Laid
1 Egg Laid

Post by williep » Sat Jan 17, 2009 3:10 pm

I agree that the FIC is one (if not the best) all containing website on finches and I also believe it should be updated more, but I think the real issue with Crystal, without knowing her in person, is that she does not have the time to do regular updates. That's why I believe the user submitted articles could be a great add-on to the site, especially with all the good info posted on this forum.

Why not approach Crystal and suggest that we will provide some articles and she must just post them to the site (after Hilary? or someone has proof read them) we as members of the forum can then always suggest add-ons or updates to the articles that way we might see more up to date info on the FIC.

BTW I also contribute to the tip jar which is also very important, a site like this does not run for free!

Hilary
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by Hilary » Sun Jan 18, 2009 8:14 pm

I haven't heard back from Crystal, but will let her know that members are willing to contribute articles. Last I heard she was still in vet school, so it's a matter of time with her more than anything.
Hilary

williep
1 Egg Laid
1 Egg Laid

Post by williep » Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:06 pm

Thanks for the update Hilary

I thought I'd start off with the first article.

Breeding Zebras by Williep

1. Make sure you have 1 male (optional)
2. Make sure you have 1 female (optional)
3. Make sure you have a cage (optional)
4. Put them together (optional)
5. Add a nest (optional)
6. Give them food and water (Not really optional)

and VIOLA - you've successfully bred your first Zebras

Anyone want to add to the above insights are more than welcome but I think I've covered just about everything.

B CAMP
Molting
Molting

Post by B CAMP » Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:09 pm

Don't think that there much to add, you about covered it :lol:

Hilary
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by Hilary » Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:01 pm

Hey all. I heard back from Crystal. She's been incredibly busy but plans to set aside some time to write some new articles. She spends a lot of time researching and writing each article, which is why we find them so helpful.

She also welcomes any guest articles you'd like to submit. "I think the most helpful guest articles would be inspiration/idea pieces, opinion and special interest pieces (e.g. experiences with certain species, thoughts on controversial topics, etc.), and everything and anything regarding the latest and greatest trends (e.g. new cages, great finds, new toys/products/supplements/etc. on the market)...and of course anything else people can think of that they might like to see on the site. I'm open to just about anything as long as it's legal and accurate ;)"

To submit an article, go to the FinchInfo site and there is already a link set up to aid submission:

Submit Your Article
Hilary

BillD
4 Eggs Laid
4 Eggs Laid

Post by BillD » Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:03 am

I have contributed through Paypal, since I gain a lot from it. I'm willing to help out more where I can..
I'm a novice and don't have the knowledge yall have, but will help in any way I can.

I am interested in the Bengalese genetics, but that may be low priority for yall.. They are the only birds I have right now.
2 polydactyl Snowflake felines and a new Panther non-poly feline.. Working on building the bloodline of the local Fawn Owls.

BillD
4 Eggs Laid
4 Eggs Laid

Post by BillD » Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:20 am

Ok.. I'm thowing out a campaign on each forum..
2 polydactyl Snowflake felines and a new Panther non-poly feline.. Working on building the bloodline of the local Fawn Owls.

BillD
4 Eggs Laid
4 Eggs Laid

Post by BillD » Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:26 am

well.. I just posted this

Have yall thought about contributing to the Finch Information Center? It takes a lot to keep it going. Please check it out and if you find the information useful, they accept donations through Paypal.

Know times are hard, but even the smallest contribution helps..

It's on the left hand side of your menu. Helpful Finch Link:
Fince Information Center..

on most of the forums..
Hope that helps..

BillD
4 Eggs Laid
4 Eggs Laid

Post by BillD » Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:45 am

maybe that was wrong. Sorry..

franny
Weaning
Weaning

Post by franny » Mon Jan 26, 2009 4:29 pm

No problem Bill, a little nagging never hurt anyone. :wink:
Fran

-----------------------
1 cat (Lexy) and hopefully soon another pair of Gouldians
My Website: https://www.localcolourart.com/meet-the ... 6b2f58a839