Posting Pictures for Beginnners

For questions about this forum or affiliated finch websites.
poohbear
Weaning
Weaning

Posting Pictures for Beginnners

Post by poohbear » Mon May 05, 2008 5:26 am

THE PHOTOBUCKET BACKGROUND AND ONE OR TWO SMALL DETAILS MAY HAVE CHANGED IN THE LAST YEAR SINCE I POSTED THIS...BUT THE PRINCIPLE IS THE SAME ...I HOPE YOU WILL STILL BE HELPED TO WORK OUT HOW TO PUT YOUR PICS ON THE FORUM. POOHBEAR.

To all of you struggling to 'do' pictures this is how I do it...I've made it simple 'cause we 'aint all whizz kids on computers (Me included)
First join 'Photobucket' Google it, it's free. Now put it in your 'favourites' column on the left.

Now go to wherever you want to put your picture on here and type your message.

NOW CLICK 'PREVIEW' OR YOUR MESSAGE WILL BE LOST.
Then go to your favourites column and click PHOTOBUCKET and the picture below will appear.

Now click on 'ALBUMS' and the picture below appears...

Now click the top 'BROWSE' line and a box with your pictures will appear...

Go to the picture you want (I've picked my dog) and click on it...Then click 'OPEN' and then to your right click 'UPLOAD'...Now WAIT it will tell you when it has done it.Scroll down and you will see your picture in your album...

Underneath your picture click on the IMG code...It turns blue.
Now go to the green 'BACK' arrow top left of your screen and click until your original message box appears.

Now in your message box click your cursor where you want the picture to be placed and RIGHT CLICK..... a box appears left click on 'PASTE' and the picture code will appear on screen.(Above)

Now scroll down and click on 'PREVIEW' and your picture should appear as below...If it's ok click SUBMIT...Job done.

For more pictures repeat...but don't forget to click PREVIEW first or your previous picture will disappear.
Picture sizes can be altered...above the three BROWSE lines it says OPTIONS click on that ...select the size you want and click SAVE they will in future be that size unless you alter it.

That's the way I do it...There are other ways but I find this easy after a few goes.

Paul.
Last edited by poohbear on Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:19 am, edited 2 times in total.

atarasi
Weaning
Weaning

Post by atarasi » Mon May 05, 2008 1:36 pm

Thanks Paul, for taking the time to post that. :D

dfcauley
Molting
Molting

Post by dfcauley » Mon May 05, 2008 1:37 pm

Yes Paul thank you so much for taking the time for that. It took me forever to learn to post pics the first time.
Donna

mickp
Weaning
Weaning

Post by mickp » Tue May 06, 2008 3:30 am

very nice work Paul, didnt know that you were so smart, own up who did it for you lol

maybe this should be made available on a more permenant basis as a sticky or something in the site related area.

akidsgal
Wonder Wooer
Wonder Wooer

Post by akidsgal » Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:45 pm

For the pics I am at a blank. I can copy and paste the url and it never changes over to the picture even when I click on the preview. What could I possibly be doing wrong? I usually have no trouble, but.......

LOL
:evil:
Goulds, Stars, Societies,Owls, Gold Breasts, OC Waxbills, 3 Canaries, 1 Rott, 1 Lab/Shepard, 1 Lab/ Setter AND 1 single 13 yr old to whom is the light of my life! We have 2 Lop bunnies too!

Carol

akidsgal
Wonder Wooer
Wonder Wooer

How my pics come up :)

Post by akidsgal » Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:57 pm

Goulds, Stars, Societies,Owls, Gold Breasts, OC Waxbills, 3 Canaries, 1 Rott, 1 Lab/Shepard, 1 Lab/ Setter AND 1 single 13 yr old to whom is the light of my life! We have 2 Lop bunnies too!

Carol

B CAMP
Molting
Molting

Post by B CAMP » Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:03 pm

Have you tried to post in gallery
The link works if you cut and paste to photo bucket

B CAMP
Molting
Molting

Post by B CAMP » Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:15 pm

I got it to work hope you don't mind,When you make a post with the photo bucket link when you want to add link click on IMG top line then add your link it will put img on both ends

akidsgal
Wonder Wooer
Wonder Wooer

Post by akidsgal » Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:03 pm

Oh sheesh! I still can't get it but I see you got it that is one of my pics.
[img]http://i613.photobucket.com/albums/tt21 ... 010001.jpg[/img]

Carol

B CAMP
Molting
Molting

Post by B CAMP » Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:27 pm

akidsgal
This one is akidsgal

akidsgal
Wonder Wooer
Wonder Wooer

Post by akidsgal » Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:01 pm

Oh! That's my blue! He is so beautiful! Thanks!!!

Carol

Hilary
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by Hilary » Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:24 pm

It must be your settings (though don't ask me what) - I was able to copy/paste your IMG text and got the blue as well.
Hilary

akidsgal
Wonder Wooer
Wonder Wooer

Post by akidsgal » Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:03 am

It was that on this site in order to post pics you have to UNcheck the box that says Disable BBCode in this post. Otherwise it was all good.....

Carol

L in Ontario
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus

Post by L in Ontario » Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:08 am

akidsgal wrote:It was that on this site in order to post pics you have to UNcheck the box that says Disable BBCode in this post. Otherwise it was all good.....
"UNcheck the box that says Disable BBCode" - this could be a big help and perhaps should be posted at the beginning of the picture posting instructions... somehow.
Liz

B CAMP
Molting
Molting

Post by B CAMP » Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:24 am

I may be wrong but mine was never disabled , default the bbcode was on I think at least I never changed it because I had no idea what it was or for :?