Gallery

For questions about this forum or affiliated finch websites.
Sally H
Fledgeling
Fledgeling

Gallery

Post by Sally H » Mon Mar 20, 2006 7:27 pm

How do you upload a picture to the gallery? FAQ says to choose update album but I don't see where that's even an option.

tammieb
Brooding
Brooding

Post by tammieb » Mon Mar 20, 2006 9:01 pm

I believe the "upload photo" link has been removed. Seems to me it was once listed right there with; "last uploads", "last comments", "most viewed", etc.

Or perhaps I'm wrong??

TammieB.

Sally H
Fledgeling
Fledgeling

Post by Sally H » Mon Mar 20, 2006 9:07 pm

Ok, thanks Tammie. I put the pics on finchworld's forum and I'll add them to our juvie album when the link comes back. While I was cleaning the cage this weekend, I got a couple of nice shots with dad and both types of chicks, a gray and a fawn.

Crystal
Brooding
Brooding

Post by Crystal » Mon Mar 20, 2006 11:50 pm

http://www.finchforum.com/gallery/upload.php

You can click "browse" to add a photo from your computer or enter a URL in the appropriate box to add a photo that is already uploaded to a different website online.

Click continue.

If the upload was successful, it will tell you so. Click Continue again.

The next screen shows you a thumbnail of the photo you are uploading and asks for a little information about where to place it within the gallery. Select an appropriate album from the drop down menu (e.g. if you are uploading a photo of an adult finch, select the album called "Adult Finches"). Below this are some fields to enter information about the picture's title and description, and any keywords you want to associate with it. After you are done filling out the form, click Continue.

If the information was added successfully, it will tell you so. Click continue one last time.

Sally H
Fledgeling
Fledgeling

Post by Sally H » Tue Mar 21, 2006 1:33 am

It must be a permissions thing, it says Error you can't do that! then a big ruler comes out of the screen and smacks my hands.

:P

Crystal
Brooding
Brooding

Post by Crystal » Tue Mar 21, 2006 8:06 am

Are you logged in at the time you try to upload pictures? Did you tell your browser to allow cookies to be set/saved?

I just made a test account with no priveledges and was able to upload a photo through that account... I am unsure of why it isn't working for you, but it may be related to one of the above questions. If you still have problems I'll look into it further (by contacting the makers of the gallery), but I can't find any reasons on my end for why you are getting an error with attempting to upload a file. I will double check your permissions in the admin panel, but I doubt I'll find anything remarkable. :/

Is anyone else having this same problem?

tammieb
Brooding
Brooding

Post by tammieb » Tue Mar 21, 2006 8:09 am

Yeah, I'm getting the same error msg. I'm logged in and have cookies enabled for this site.

TammieB.

forum_admin

Post by forum_admin » Tue Mar 21, 2006 8:29 pm

Ok can someone try again? I tried to change a couple of settings.

If it still doesn't work, maybe clearing your cache and deleting the cookie set for this board/gallery (so it "resets" as new?) might help?

If you still get an error, I will contact coppermine.

Do you get the error when you click on the upload link, or sometime after that?

tammieb
Brooding
Brooding

Post by tammieb » Tue Mar 21, 2006 8:45 pm

Okay, I can get to the upload page now. Before, when I clicked on the link you provided it went to the upload page but there wasn't anything to fill out... just "ERROR" on the page.

Thanks,

TammieB.

Sally H
Fledgeling
Fledgeling

Post by Sally H » Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:14 pm

Yes, it's working great now.

Thanks!