Upgrading Forum

For questions about this forum or affiliated finch websites.
Crystal
Brooding
Brooding

Upgrading Forum

Post by Crystal » Mon Feb 26, 2007 3:19 am

I am going to look into upgrading the forum to the newest version (and the gallery as well, if there is an upgrade available for that.) I am about to attempt to back up everything in case something goes HORRIBLY AWRY during this process. I have never worked with this software before starting this forum, so hopefully I won't completely destroy all the hard work everyone has contributed to making this forum so great (at the risk of sounding like a kindergarten teacher, you all deserve a pat on the back!). It does bother me, however, that the gallery does not recognize most users as logged in, etc., and hopefully there are also a few more anti-spam additions in the new software. So I'm going to be brave and attempt to fix something that isn't technically broken.

My apologies if the board is down for a period (hopefully a very short period!) while these changes are being made.
Last edited by Crystal on Wed Mar 28, 2007 1:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Crystal
Brooding
Brooding

Post by Crystal » Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:11 am

OK the upgrades have been made to both the forum and gallery. Please feel free to test things out. I have disabled "anonymous" uploads to the gallery to test if it will recognize logged in users. If you are logged into the forum, please try to upload something to the gallery (especially if you ever had trouble with it in the past) and let me know if you experience any problems.

Hopefully everything is working!

tammieb
Brooding
Brooding

Post by tammieb » Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:26 am

Everything seems to be working okay Crystal. I didn't have to login in again to upload in the gallery. I didn't actually upload anything but it took me right to the page to do so with no problems.

Great job!!! :D
TammieB.

Use the talents you possess - for the woods would be a very silent place if no birds sang except for the best. ~Henry Van Dyke~

kenny
Weaning
Weaning

Post by kenny » Mon Feb 26, 2007 8:18 am

hi crystal
everything is working fine ,and it looks a lot better on the gallery

ken
you can always tell a yorkshireman,but you cant tell him much

vetbridge
Fledgeling
Fledgeling

Post by vetbridge » Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:37 pm

Hi Crystal
The previous problems I had with the gallery when using Firefox are no longer present. Good job!!!