Linking photos

For questions about this forum or affiliated finch websites.
Sally
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Re: Linking photos

Post by Sally » Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:15 pm

Candace, I am not computer literate so I may be all wrong on this, but if you are trying to attach photos that are stored on a disk, I think they must be too large and the forum program is not set up to resize them. You should be able to resize them on your computer thru whatever photo program you use, then save them in 'My Photos' or whatever your computer calls it (mine is under My Documents, then subsection My Pictures). Then you can attach them using the attachment file when you do a post. The forum is set up that you cannot attach pictures that are more than 400 px wide, this keeps the threads from getting so wide that people have to scroll across the screen to read a post.
3 Purple Grenadiers, 1 Goldbreast + 1 cat.

National Finch & Softbill Society - http://www.nfss.org

CandoAviary
Good Egg
Good Egg

Post by CandoAviary » Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:15 am

I can not figure out how to change the size of the pictures on my computer. I have them under documents too but can't figure the resizing...maybe Hubby will give me a lesson. I did manage to resize through photobucket...as you can see :D
One thing I noticed on the new pictures that are posted. Some you can enlarge with a click for better viewing, some you can't. Also no zoom feature to get really close up. I use to be able to zoom in on everyones pictures...but no more. Oh well, maybe it's time for stronger glasses :lol:

Sally
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by Sally » Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:29 am

Candace, on the photos that Donna posted to demonstrate Photobucket vs. computer browsing, I could enlarge her Photobucket picture by clicking on it, then clicking on the image that opened in the upper left-hand corner--I could also zoom on it. However, when I clicked on your picture from Photobucket, nothing happened. I don't know what Donna did different from you, but at least we know it can work.
3 Purple Grenadiers, 1 Goldbreast + 1 cat.

National Finch & Softbill Society - http://www.nfss.org

CandoAviary
Good Egg
Good Egg

Post by CandoAviary » Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:07 pm

Hhmmm........... Yes I can zoom in on the Picture Danna posted but not mine.... oh well... I will keep on fiddling with it until I figure it out.... at least I can get pics back on :D That's a step in the right direction.