Suggestion for FinchForum

For questions about this forum or affiliated finch websites.
Domenic
Weaning
Weaning

Suggestion for FinchForum

Post by Domenic » Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:35 pm

I've noticed that I and a lot of other people have been posting pics of their birds in the species section and I think the species section should be preserved for people asking questions about or discussing different species of finch. So my suggestion is a Pictures section where people can post pics of their finches for everyone. I understand that there is already a gallery to the forum, but you can't post stories with your pictures in the gallery section and it is impossible to respond and disuss the pictures so it is inconvenient. Perhaps the underused Finch Chat section could be changed to Pics and Finch Chat so that people will have a better place to update everyone on the happenings with their finches.
Zebra, Orange cheeks, Owls, Gouldians, Blue-Capped Cordon Bleus, Goldbreasts, Black Face Fires, & Button Quail

http://www.Ironsidecomputers.com

L in Ontario
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus

Re: Suggestion for FinchForum

Post by L in Ontario » Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:36 pm

Interesting suggestion and that might be good but if I'm wondering about a specific Species - I'd like to see pics of it and hear what others are experiencing with it. Maybe that's just me. :|
Liz

B CAMP
Molting
Molting

Post by B CAMP » Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:32 pm

Myself I think that pictures are needed a lot of times talking about species :)
Bill

CandoAviary
Good Egg
Good Egg

Post by CandoAviary » Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:53 pm

I too agree that pictures help when talking about a new species. But I think Finch Chat may be the place to show pics of your birds antics. Domenic, you can always post in the finch chat with a title that say..... gouldian bathing w/ pic or CB's preening pic....
I have post pictures under just about every topic before :oops:

cindy
Bird Brain
Bird Brain

Post by cindy » Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:26 pm

I like posting pictures with the species I am writing about. When I first joined the forum I found it very helpful and informative to see the birds that others were talking about.

Zebra, Gouldians, Java, CBM Shaft tail & Grasskeets

~ My Facebook groups ~

*Finchaholics ~ finches, hookbills, softbills & canaries are welcome here!
discussions regarding species, housing, breeding, preventatives, treatments

*Birdaholics ~ Avian Classified Ads Only

Rayray
4 Eggs Laid
4 Eggs Laid

Post by Rayray » Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:16 am

cindy wrote:I like posting pictures with the species I am writing about. When I first joined the forum I found it very helpful and informative to see the birds that others were talking about.
i was so lost in the beginning cos ya'll used other names for your birds , so for me it was easier to see the pic and knowing the bird .

Ray

monotwine
Proven
Proven

Post by monotwine » Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:08 am

Being a newbie here, I am finding this very problem. Where to post pictures unrelated to the board? I was just about to ask if all pics must be in the gallery or somewhere else.

I belong to another forum and posts relating to pics are in a seperate board and it works wonderfully. You know right away where to go if your looking for a certain pic.

dfcauley
Molting
Molting

Post by dfcauley » Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:13 am

So here is a good suggestion....

We could do both!!! =D> =D> =D>
Donna

L in Ontario
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus

Post by L in Ontario » Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:41 am

monotwine wrote:Being a newbie here, I am finding this very problem. Where to post pictures unrelated to the board? I was just about to ask if all pics must be in the gallery or somewhere else.

I belong to another forum and posts relating to pics are in a seperate board and it works wonderfully. You know right away where to go if your looking for a certain pic.
If you want to post pics about something unrelated to the board - simply post a new topic under OFF TOPIC and we can all read your post and see the pics there.
Liz