posting pics?

For questions about this forum or affiliated finch websites.
SuzE
Nestling
Nestling

posting pics?

Post by SuzE » Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:01 pm

Hi to all,
I wonder if someone would post directions on how to upload pics without going thru photobucket. That seems so involved and tedious. I would like to just post with my text. Thank you in advance
Sue
4 Societies, 2 RCCBs 1 green singer, 1 parrotlet and 1 adorable adopted greyhound

Sally
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Re: posting pics?

Post by Sally » Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:10 pm

When you make a new post, type your message, then scroll down. Below the message box is another dark blue bar--upload attachment. Where it says 'filename', to the right of that is a box which says 'browse'. Hit that, and you can browse your computer till you find the photo you want. Mine are all filed under My Documents, then My Photos. Click on the photo you want to open it, then hit the button that says 'Add the file'. That's all there is to it.
3 Purple Grenadiers, 1 Goldbreast + 1 cat.

National Finch & Softbill Society - http://www.nfss.org

SuzE
Nestling
Nestling

Post by SuzE » Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:10 pm

Hi Sally
Thanks so much for the info - it sounds easy. I can be so computer illiterate somtimes I amaze myself :lol: I shall give this a whirl very soon. I need a couple of shots of my latest additions to add to my growing family. Thanks again
4 Societies, 2 RCCBs 1 green singer, 1 parrotlet and 1 adorable adopted greyhound

SuzE
Nestling
Nestling

Post by SuzE » Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:07 pm

Well, that did work. But, when I uploaded the pix it said the files were too big. So I did as (I think it was Ursula said) on how to resize. I just know this won't work - I have spent far too much time on it today, therefore, I've surely messed something up. If it doesn't work this time, I'll have to leave it alone for awhile (like a couple of days). Sometimes you just keep making the same mistake over and over again. That said, here goes nothin' :roll:
Attachments
PB090047.jpg

CandoAviary
Good Egg
Good Egg

Post by CandoAviary » Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:09 pm

=D> =D> =D>

I still have to go through photobucket :? Mine always say they are "too big"
do tell...what is the trick? :D

SuzE
Nestling
Nestling

Post by SuzE » Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:16 pm

Oh, wow, now I'm really excited =D> The trick is to go to where ever you have your pix and look for "resize" which is probably under edit and I just kept looking around for everything else. I resized to 600 x600 or whatever it put in automatically. This is great, now I have to figure out how to put a comment in as I post (or whatever) as this pic would have been "Zelda praying to the cuttle god for help with these fids" :lol:

Domenic
Weaning
Weaning

Post by Domenic » Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:23 pm

WOOT WOOT!!
Zebra, Orange cheeks, Owls, Gouldians, Blue-Capped Cordon Bleus, Goldbreasts, Black Face Fires, & Button Quail

http://www.Ironsidecomputers.com

L in Ontario
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus

Post by L in Ontario » Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:20 pm

Yay! Now you can post pics to your hearts content in all the appropriate forums. =D>
Liz