A place to put dates for fairs/marts

For questions about this forum or affiliated finch websites.
Finch Fry
Expecting
Expecting

Re: A place to put dates for fairs/marts

Post by Finch Fry » Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:02 pm

cindy wrote:Could we also use a map along with the posted information like the phoogle map. Put 2 or 3 months worth of shows up then take those down and post a new 2 or 3 months worth.
It was already suggested and the response was that it would be too much of a hassle for the admins to moderate/update it. I offered to take care of it but nothing has come of that. I think the current set up is infinitely better than where we were just a week ago. For all intents and purposes, i am completely satisfied with how its set up now. I would only suggest to go with MickPs suggestions and add at a minimum a folder for each country. UK, USA, Canada, Others (can add more specifics as membership and info become more available).
Goulds, Owls, Gold Breasts, Stars, Zebras, Societies
An obscene number of chicks and eggs
And an incredibly rare St. Goldena Breast finch
Anyone want some finches???
-Chris 8-[

ikhom
Sisal Slave
Sisal Slave

Post by ikhom » Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:22 pm

Phoogle Map includes only ACP (Administrator Control Panel) access to enter events; it doesn't have MCP or UCP (Moderator, User Control Panel) access to events. It means that only Crystal and Hilary could enter events. However with some modification it is possible to add MCP access to control events, which should take pressure off administrators. Giving access to all users would be way more complicated because it would require to develop the advance monitoring of all related activities.
I’ve managed to develop MCP access to Events. I will gladly share this information with admin if they desire to make changes.
Manage your birds at finchbreederdatabase.com

Domenic
Weaning
Weaning

Post by Domenic » Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:37 am

I think there are many trustworthy people on this forum (like ikholm for example) that can be made into moderators or admin to help out. I think ikholm can add some very neat features to the forum that Crystal might not have the time to do right now (I heard she is very busy). I don't mean to impose. :)
Zebra, Orange cheeks, Owls, Gouldians, Blue-Capped Cordon Bleus, Goldbreasts, Black Face Fires, & Button Quail

http://www.Ironsidecomputers.com