New birdies?

For questions about this forum or affiliated finch websites.
SuzE
Nestling
Nestling

New birdies?

Post by SuzE » Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:34 pm

For some reason I haven't been able to repeat the miracle I performed a few nites ago. Don't know just why not but I am persistent if nothing else :cry: I do have another question: shouldn't you be able to see your pix and choose the ones you want before they are uploaded to this site? I struck pay dirt the first and last time I did it (and I'm not sure why it worked) :?
4 Societies, 2 RCCBs 1 green singer, 1 parrotlet and 1 adorable adopted greyhound

Sally
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Re: New birdies?

Post by Sally » Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:23 pm

When I want to attach a photo, and I click on the 'browse' button below, it goes to 'My Pictures' in 'My Documents', then the photos are listed by date, so I just find the photo I want, click on 'open', and then I can add a 'File Comment' if I want, and last, I click on 'Add the File' and it is uploaded. Then I can preview if I want to make sure the photo is the one I wanted, then click submit and my post is added complete with photo.

And I'll go ahead and move this to 'Site related', since it is just about uploading photos at this time.
3 Purple Grenadiers, 1 Goldbreast + 1 cat.

National Finch & Softbill Society - http://www.nfss.org

Domenic
Weaning
Weaning

Post by Domenic » Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:14 pm

I'm not sure what you're having trouble with Suze. I really want to help you out but I can't unless I know the area you are struggling in. You may be having trouble resizing the pics, you may be having trouble getting finch forum to recognize your pics, or you may be having trouble uploading your pics through finch forum. My guess is that you are struggling with resizing your pics? If that's the case than I can write up a super quick tutorial about resizing pics using a simple program like Paint in Microsoft. If you can give me any more info I'd be glad to give you a helping hand.
Zebra, Orange cheeks, Owls, Gouldians, Blue-Capped Cordon Bleus, Goldbreasts, Black Face Fires, & Button Quail

http://www.Ironsidecomputers.com

Sally
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by Sally » Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:52 am

Domenic, I need you to be my neighbor! I've never figured out half the things my computer can do, my camera frustrates me, and my cellphone drives me crazy! I just want it to make calls!! I put in someone's phone number to save one day, then couldn't figure out how to pull it up again. I have to walk around with how-to manuals sticking out of my pockets! :lol:
3 Purple Grenadiers, 1 Goldbreast + 1 cat.

National Finch & Softbill Society - http://www.nfss.org

CandoAviary
Good Egg
Good Egg

Post by CandoAviary » Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:56 am

Sally...ain't that the truth. This new technology is for the youth of the day :D I still struggle with the TV remote control and tebo control and DVD control surround sound, wide screen, etc. just to watch a Television show :? Thank God that Hubby is into that stuff :D

SuzE
Nestling
Nestling

Post by SuzE » Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:31 am

Arrrgg! You gals sound just like me- then when I finally accomplish something I can't remember just how I did it. Domenic -no, I resized quite easily, actually. The problem is when I browse and get my docs etc. the title is too long and I can't identify any particular thing. A huge long list pops up and I have no idea what is on it. There is nothing to id it, no dates, nada. This is where I am having problems. I have moved them to other locations, etc but I still get the docs etc. More ideas? I remain :?
4 Societies, 2 RCCBs 1 green singer, 1 parrotlet and 1 adorable adopted greyhound

B CAMP
Molting
Molting

Post by B CAMP » Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:16 pm

SuzE
Can you find the pic.on your computer maybe look at them pick the ones you want to put on forum and save them to your desktop
If the name on the picture is to long you can change the name to what you want just right click on pic, menu will apear it will have option to re name click that, box will apear under the pic just type a new name
Hope this helps just keep asking someone can help :)
Bill

SuzE
Nestling
Nestling

Post by SuzE » Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:42 pm

Thanks, Bill, I'll try that. I don't understand why I am having so much trouble. This should be an easy thing to do obviously by the number of pics people post. I guess I have to go back to computer illiteracy. Thats what happens to some people who self-teach. I never learned the ins and outs of easy computing.

Domenic
Weaning
Weaning

Post by Domenic » Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:42 am

I see you've figured it out again Suze! =D> I'm not a complete techy, but if you ever need help with anything I am sure I can help you out.
Zebra, Orange cheeks, Owls, Gouldians, Blue-Capped Cordon Bleus, Goldbreasts, Black Face Fires, & Button Quail

http://www.Ironsidecomputers.com