How i made my wooden stack cages

Updates, stories, and other finch related topics.
lovezebs
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Re: How i made my wooden stack cages

Post by lovezebs » Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:58 pm

andiok

Oh boy!
Did you get some butterfly strips or tape to hold it together? Otherwise you'll end up with a nasty scar, and scar tissue which can impede full range of movement.

Sorry that you ended up with an idiot for a doctor.

We had one around here some years ago, that was a real winner too. Told my brother that he had a flu bug and to go home and rest, when my brother was having a severe heart attack and suffering heart failure with atypical symptoms.

My brother went home and flat lined. Had it not been for my sister in law calling 911, and the peremedics managing to shock his heart back, he wouldn't be with us today.

Yea, don't get me srarted on some of these so called doctors, who somehow managed to buy their diplomas on line from a correspondence school in Yemen or wherever.

Regarding the cages, I think they're going to be great once finished, looking forward to seeing the finished product.
~Elana~

Linnies~ Canaries ~ Zebras ~ Societies ~ Gouldians ~ Orange Cheeks ~ Shaft Tails ~ Strawberries ~ Red Cheek Cordon Bleu ~ Goldbreasts ~ Red Brows ~ Owls ~ Budgies ~ Diamond Firetails ~ Javas ~ Forbes Parrot Finches ~

andiok
Perfect Partner
Perfect Partner

Post by andiok » Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:07 pm

lovezebs
Oh man I'm sorry to hear that. Lucky for the sis in law.
I didn't even get anything and left because I was getting very angry. The dude from who knows where didn't even put gloves on and when I told him to, his answer was, don't worry I'm a doctor and got nothing to worry about. I told him I was going to report him for being a f irresponsible idiot and left. Now I'm just keeping it moist with ointment cream hoping it will heal properly on it's own.
Poor us on the hands of what people trust our lives to. And it's Canada 2018. I just don't know what to hope for anymore

lovezebs
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by lovezebs » Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:14 pm

andiok

My opinion is, that we have to keep ourselves educated enough in different areas so that we can tell if a doctor is being an idiot or not. That way, we can at least know enough to go and seek a second opinion if what he/she is saying doesn't sound right.

Watch that hand carefully, and please go and see someone else if it's not healing right.
~Elana~

Linnies~ Canaries ~ Zebras ~ Societies ~ Gouldians ~ Orange Cheeks ~ Shaft Tails ~ Strawberries ~ Red Cheek Cordon Bleu ~ Goldbreasts ~ Red Brows ~ Owls ~ Budgies ~ Diamond Firetails ~ Javas ~ Forbes Parrot Finches ~

andiok
Perfect Partner
Perfect Partner

Post by andiok » Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:27 am

lovezebs
Thanks Elana. I think it looks ok now, still an open wound but it's healing.
About the doctors though, it's just bothers me that we have to know what's up in order to get the right diagnose. Is their job to take care of us but you are right, there is no other way but to educate ourselves and be the judge and make our own decisions

lovezebs
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by lovezebs » Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:14 am

andiok

Our bodies, our health, our lives... our ultimate responsibility.
~Elana~

Babs _Owner
Molting
Molting

Post by Babs _Owner » Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:10 am

andiok

The breeding cages are coming along nicely! So sorry about the doctor and your hand. :shock: What a mess! How in the world did he reopen the wound?? And why?? good grief!

lovezebs

Charlie-smooshie face, is a smooshie face no longer. Now he's a big ole handsome lunkhead!

lovezebs
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by lovezebs » Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:28 am

Babs

Still a Smooshy (his second name now), our darling boy.
~Elana~

Babs _Owner
Molting
Molting

Post by Babs _Owner » Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:02 am

lovezebs

Oh goodie! When I show pictures of him to Bill, he always calls him Smooshy Face :))

lovezebs
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by lovezebs » Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:29 pm

Babs

Smooshy face...
Attachments
20170713_114619.jpg
~Elana~

Babs _Owner
Molting
Molting

Post by Babs _Owner » Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:29 pm

andiok
Perfect Partner
Perfect Partner

Post by andiok » Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:02 pm

Babs
The dumbass was holding my hand right where the wound gets pressure and was pressing to much. Once he cut the third stitch it just popped open. His hands were very shaky too.

Babs _Owner
Molting
Molting

Post by Babs _Owner » Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:37 pm

andiok

Oh for pete's sake . #-o I would have been mad too. :-L

lovezebs
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by lovezebs » Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:39 pm

andiok

Maybe he'd never taken stitches out before. I bet he's good at writing perscriptions though, buahahah #-o
~Elana~

andiok
Perfect Partner
Perfect Partner

Post by andiok » Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:57 pm

Babs@lovezebs
Progress
My hand is kind of better. I was able to install my last window in the house finally. It took me longer but is done....
and after that I jumped to my cage.
Finished skinning it with plywood and mdf and sprayed first layer of paint. I have this sky blue and white and tried the sky blue. I think I like it. Hopefully tomorrow will have some time to paint the whole cage.
Image Image Image

lovezebs
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by lovezebs » Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:12 pm

andiok

"Kind of better?" :-?

Glad to see that the cages are coming along nicely :D .
~Elana~