Has anybody seen this NEW Pet Auction site yet?

Updates, stories, and other finch related topics.
Bonzo
Mature
Mature

Has anybody seen this NEW Pet Auction site yet?

Post by Bonzo » Thu May 01, 2008 1:48 pm

Has anybody seen this new pet auction site yet?
It seems pretty good to me so far, but i dont think its up an running yet.
This could be a great way of saving $$$$$ :shock:

Your Pet Auction.com

Sally
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by Sally » Thu May 01, 2008 11:09 pm

The only caution I would add is that you have to be really careful on the internet. If someone advertises birds (or other pets) in your area, so you can go see them in person, that's one thing. On another forum, an experienced breeder posted a warning about someone selling birds, then keeping the money and not delivering the birds. With a new site like this, I think you have to check things out before you buy.

mickp
Weaning
Weaning

Post by mickp » Fri May 02, 2008 5:48 am

I have heard that as well Sally. have also heard that some people havent recieved the exact birds that they have paid for

fairestfinches
Novice Nester
Novice Nester

Post by fairestfinches » Fri May 02, 2008 6:32 pm

Getting scammed by someone selling itmes on forums is nothing new. It seems that the scammers have found that many bird people are very trusting, and sought out this area of the internet over the last couple of years and there have been a few people we know that have been taken by scammers.

ALWAYS ask for references and follow up on them when buying from some one over the internet. If you know someone in that area have the person you know go check things out. If things sound too good to be true they probably are. Consider using an escrow service. There may be samll fee, but it's better than the alternative loosing money and not getting the product.

Hilary
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by Hilary » Fri May 02, 2008 11:24 pm

I got scammed in the infamous gouldian caper a couple of years ago - lost $850. I used PayPal, and they could only recover what was actually in the other party's bank account. I think I got thirty cents.

Actually contacted the guy in this latest one about his birds, but didn't like the answers I got. Also checked with a VERY reputable dealer I've worked with in the past, and he knew nothing about this guy. Decided not to pursue a buy, and glad I didn't!
Hilary