You know you're a crazed finchaholic when...

Updates, stories, and other finch related topics.
slwatson
Proud Parent
Proud Parent

Re: You know you're a crazed finchaholic when...

Post by slwatson » Mon Dec 14, 2015 1:04 pm

I just bought two dozen eggs yesterday to make my biggest batch of egg food yet!
Stacie
Look up Tweets & Beaks on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/Tweets-Beaks-1 ... 0/?fref=ts

lovezebs
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by lovezebs » Mon Dec 14, 2015 3:08 pm

slwatson

That's not crazy, that's normal :-).
~Elana~

Linnies~ Canaries ~ Zebras ~ Societies ~ Gouldians ~ Orange Cheeks ~ Shaft Tails ~ Strawberries ~ Red Cheek Cordon Bleu ~ Goldbreasts ~ Red Brows ~ Owls ~ Budgies ~ Diamond Firetails ~ Javas ~ Forbes Parrot Finches ~

Denise
Fledgeling
Fledgeling

Post by Denise » Thu May 04, 2017 1:28 pm

Oh, U guys are worse than I am!!! Like my birds need one more thing..but... My dear mother suffered from depression. A curse I would not wish on my worst enemy! She was forever saying, "I don't want anything I have to fool with". ( plants, animals etc.) And then, why get out of bed in the morning? Gotta check on, care for, love on. So, friends, let's lo :) ok upon this passion for our little birdies as a healthy thing! Or, mayb we are just cuckoo???? But, in good company. :)

lovezebs
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by lovezebs » Thu May 04, 2017 2:01 pm

Denise

We're all fine Denise....
It's the rest of the world that's messed..... 8-}
~Elana~

Linnies~ Canaries ~ Zebras ~ Societies ~ Gouldians ~ Orange Cheeks ~ Shaft Tails ~ Strawberries ~ Red Cheek Cordon Bleu ~ Goldbreasts ~ Red Brows ~ Owls ~ Budgies ~ Diamond Firetails ~ Javas ~ Forbes Parrot Finches ~

Denise
Fledgeling
Fledgeling

Post by Denise » Thu May 04, 2017 9:51 pm

If this chat room needs money in the tip jar (I don't know what kinds of funds it takes) I think we all agree that a great fund raiser would be a finchoholic Tshirt sale.

Denise
Fledgeling
Fledgeling

Post by Denise » Thu May 04, 2017 9:54 pm

You may be a finchaholic if your finch bathtub has a cute tiny rubber duckie and a tiny little towel on the side.

lovezebs
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by lovezebs » Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:27 am

Denise

That's just cute :D
~Elana~

Paul's Amazing Birds
Flirty Bird
Flirty Bird

Post by Paul's Amazing Birds » Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:51 am

How about:

when you buy eggs in double flats...
or when you use a bird bath that's 2' in diameter
Favorite hobby is continuing to improve on a landscaped, weather protected, 500 sq ft mixed aviary with 23 fascinating species. 30 years in the making; currently have
19 different Finch species, 2 types of Doves, plus 23 Button Quail and 30 pair of clear Red Factor Canaries.

lovezebs
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by lovezebs » Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:46 am

Paul's Amazing Birds

I always get funny looks for the amounts of eggs that I buy. People must think that I'm feeding a whole football team on a regular basis. The same goes for the amount of greens... always getting comments about "my healthy diet" :roll: . I usually come back with: Yea, I do a lot of salads...they're great with fresh mealworms :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: .

Regarding the 2' diameter bathtub.... isn't it a wee bit small for a grown man??? :wink: :lol:
~Elana~

Flight Feathers
Brooding
Brooding

Post by Flight Feathers » Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:16 pm

lovezebs wrote: Paul's Amazing Birds

I always get funny looks for the amounts of eggs that I buy. People must think that I'm feeding a whole football team on a regular basis. The same goes for the amount of greens... always getting comments about "my healthy diet" :roll: . I usually come back with: Yea, I do a lot of salads...they're great with fresh mealworms :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: .

Regarding the 2' diameter bathtub.... isn't it a wee bit small for a grown man??? :wink: :lol:
l

Lol!!
~Flight Feathers Bird Home~

14 Zebra Finches, 4 Budgies, 3 Cockatiels, 2 Canaries, 7 Chinese quail, 3 Bengalese Finches, 1 Turquoise Parrot, 1 Goldfinch

Now a member of the NZFBA!

http://www.thepictaram.club/instagram/f ... thersbirds

MisterGribs
2 Eggs Laid
2 Eggs Laid

Post by MisterGribs » Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:59 am

You know you're a crazed finchaholic when you absent mindedly scrape cuttlebone into your wife's scrambled eggs breakfast. This is not the first time I have done this. I have also sprinkled it with charcoal.
2 black cheek zebras and 5 CFW zebras, one A&M pied coturnix hen, my darling cream/lavender coturnix roo, and his attitude.

lovezebs
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by lovezebs » Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:34 am

MisterGribs

You just gave me my first laugh of my morning =))

Did she eat these eggs, lol???
~Elana~

MisterGribs
2 Eggs Laid
2 Eggs Laid

Post by MisterGribs » Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:16 pm

lovezebs Haha, of course not. I fed them to the birds.
2 black cheek zebras and 5 CFW zebras, one A&M pied coturnix hen, my darling cream/lavender coturnix roo, and his attitude.

GBD
Pip
Pip

Post by GBD » Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:40 pm

When you find yourself at your local breeder’s house every weekend because you can’t resist more! I just recently grew my flock of two Java Sparrows and a few society finches by adding in some beautiful Lady Gouldians. Just adore finches and have since I was a child.
~Gwen
[/font]2 Java Sparrows
8 Society Finches
13 Lady Gouldians
[/color]

Flight Feathers
Brooding
Brooding

Post by Flight Feathers » Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:23 pm

GBD wrote: When you find yourself at your local breeder’s house every weekend because you can’t resist more! I just recently grew my flock of two Java Sparrows and a few society finches by adding in some beautiful Lady Gouldians. Just adore finches and have since I was a child.
Lol that's me too... Haha and Everytime when you go to the pet shop you tell yourself the whole way there "No more birds, you're just looking at the breeding ones" and then upon walking into the shop you absolutely fall in love with a bird or two and end up walking back out with a bird or two. Lol that was me every time I went to the pet shop!
~Flight Feathers Bird Home~

14 Zebra Finches, 4 Budgies, 3 Cockatiels, 2 Canaries, 7 Chinese quail, 3 Bengalese Finches, 1 Turquoise Parrot, 1 Goldfinch

Now a member of the NZFBA!

http://www.thepictaram.club/instagram/f ... thersbirds