Song patterns

Updates, stories, and other finch related topics.
Beep
Nestling
Nestling

Song patterns

Post by Beep » Fri Nov 24, 2006 11:58 am

I love the way these Zebra Finches do their song. One of them will do their little chirp, then another, then maybe two at once, then all of a sudden, they all give off a series of chirps in unison, lol. I'll have to look into getting a WAV file online, and then getting others to do the same, so that we can all hear what the various Finches sound like.

tammieb
Brooding
Brooding

Post by tammieb » Fri Nov 24, 2006 12:12 pm

Someone on another finch forum has started collecting sound files of finch songs. http://www.insightmatters.com/FinchNoise.htm
TammieB.

Use the talents you possess - for the woods would be a very silent place if no birds sang except for the best. ~Henry Van Dyke~

tina
Mature
Mature

Post by tina » Sat Nov 25, 2006 10:16 am

That is true I found the site a while back, but it is not yet fully complete. And only the basic beeping sounds are the same.

I have noticed with my birds that each bird has a different song, and no 2 songs are alike. I can tell all my birds apart by their songs. I would imagine that this change in tunes and voice is how mates tell them apart in a large flock. I have some Zebra males that sound like crickets in the middle of song, and some that sing sweetly, and some that sound really get on my nerves LOL, and some that hardly have much voice or song. It is very interesting.

My Bengalese finches are the same, each one has a different song too, and my single males sing more often then my males with females do. Oh yes I notice my mom (bengalese)finch buzzing to her eggs when she was sitting too. Sounds like a cell phone vibrating on a table. lol

Maybe your sight could contain some of the various different songs made by same species birds as well as different species too.
Thank you,
Tina

newfinchmom
Nestling
Nestling

Post by newfinchmom » Fri Dec 01, 2006 11:10 pm

Tina. . . so the female societies are the ones that make the cell phone/cricket noises??? I have been wondering about the sex of my birds and that might explain it. I think I have a female cordon bleu and a female society finch!!!

tina
Mature
Mature

Post by tina » Sat Dec 02, 2006 9:38 am

Yes they do, I think it is cute, but it made me wonder if I had a female bird when she was alone because she made a lot of noise then, her original male died the second day he was here. As a bonded pair she makes hardly any noise at all though. It is mostly the male, and then he is just singing and dancing. My single male will sing and dance and he is all alone in his cage, but he used to have a male zebra with him and he did it to that one too. If you have a single male it would sing and dance to any finch I would think. It is very cute, they get all puffy looking like a pear shape, and hop around on the perch while singing. The female make a cricket like noise, and do not dance around.

I am not sure if you all see that Cricket Wireless cell phone commercial on tv, but every time it comes on here, my (society)finches call back to the tv, it is too funny.
Thank you,
Tina