post office never delivered

Updates, stories, and other finch related topics.
Babs _Owner
Molting
Molting

Re: post office never delivered

Post by Babs _Owner » Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:29 am

Cynbad

There were in Boston last night? I'm hoping they were on the mail truck headed your way during the night.

Boston is about 3 or 4 hours away from your state, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed you get them this morning.

You can track a FedEx truck and intercept your package in route of the delivery driver I believe. Bill has done this with UPS for his business when we needed the package right away. I think he called a supervisor to do so.

For example if you are scheduled late today on the driver's route, and you dont want the birds in the truck that long, find out his delivery schedule and meet him at one of his earlier stops. Gotta get there before he does....they dont linger in one place long.

Cynbad
Pip
Pip

Post by Cynbad » Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:34 am

UPDATE
THEY ARE HERE. GIT THEM AROUND 4 AM. ALL ALIVE. EVEN THE DILUTE IS DOING AMAZING. And they were in a truck in this lovely 20 degrees we are enjoying.
I can't seem to get a smaller file to upload but will eventually!!
9 kids, 2 exotic cats, 1 st Bernard, 1 shih tzu, 3 poodles, 2 finch

Babs _Owner
Molting
Molting

Post by Babs _Owner » Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:39 am

Cynbad

HURRAY!!!! \M/ \M/ Woo hooo!! Rainbow time!!!

lovezebs
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by lovezebs » Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:21 am

Cynbad

Thanks to the powers that be. I am so happy that they finally arrived, happy sigh....

I kept my eyes crossed all night for them, now I can't seem to uncross them :crazy:
Attachments
20171103_215030.png
~Elana~

Linnies~ Canaries ~ Zebras ~ Societies ~ Gouldians ~ Orange Cheeks ~ Shaft Tails ~ Strawberries ~ Red Cheek Cordon Bleu ~ Goldbreasts ~ Red Brows ~ Owls ~ Budgies ~ Diamond Firetails ~ Javas ~ Forbes Parrot Finches ~

sparrowsong98
Perfect Partner
Perfect Partner

Post by sparrowsong98 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:15 pm

lovezebs They shouldn't have been delivered like that. Normally the post office calls and you sign and pick them up. This made the situation very perplexing.
I currently own:
An Australian shepherd
Many chickens
4 goats
A cat
And a bunny

Babs _Owner
Molting
Molting

Post by Babs _Owner » Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:09 pm

Cynbad

Pictures!! Would love to see the new kids!

@sparrowsong98

It probably depends on your post office and where you are on the route.

4am sounds like the time they arrived at the FedEx office before they were either picked up or delivered (You can track that with your tracking # online). We don't know which way Cynbad recieved them (p-up or delivery) yet.

paul-inAZ
3 Eggs Laid
3 Eggs Laid

Post by paul-inAZ » Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:59 am

Clarify: you talk about "post office" and "Fedex" interchangeably. These are two entirely separate companies. Which was It?

Babs _Owner
Molting
Molting

Post by Babs _Owner » Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:41 am

paul-inAZ

Cynbad mentioned a FedEx driver seeing the package at the airport, I am assuming FedEx.

I typed post office and FedEx interchangeably, because Babs was up past her bedtime last night. ;) Sorry about the confusion on my last post. #-o

Cynbad
Pip
Pip

Post by Cynbad » Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:28 am

So it was the post office but FedEx plane carrier was the one who help me track the package because the post office never scanned it properly. I actually ended up picking them up at 4 a.m. at the post office because that was the first truck that came through it was very early and it was very grumpy haha.
I am frustrated that I can't get a small enough picture I wish that there was a way to do pictures a different way on here that was easier.
The birds are doing perfect they are healthy and amazing and love to eat everything.
9 kids, 2 exotic cats, 1 st Bernard, 1 shih tzu, 3 poodles, 2 finch

paul-inAZ
3 Eggs Laid
3 Eggs Laid

Post by paul-inAZ » Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:14 pm

My experience with USPS' tacking -never for birds- is that it simply doesn't work so no surprise that you couldn't follow the package's progress.
UPS and FEDEX on the other hand have very good tracking.

lovezebs
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by lovezebs » Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:20 pm

Cynbad

So glad they finally came home.

To resize pictures, just download a simple resizing ap like I did. It's free, and works very well for me.

Looking forward to pictures soon :D .
~Elana~

Linnies~ Canaries ~ Zebras ~ Societies ~ Gouldians ~ Orange Cheeks ~ Shaft Tails ~ Strawberries ~ Red Cheek Cordon Bleu ~ Goldbreasts ~ Red Brows ~ Owls ~ Budgies ~ Diamond Firetails ~ Javas ~ Forbes Parrot Finches ~