I Am Soooo Tempted...

Updates, stories, and other finch related topics.
Babs _Owner
Molting
Molting

Re: I Am Soooo Tempted...

Post by Babs _Owner » Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:50 am

lovezebs

Pleeeeease tell me you picked up this bird!! He's insanely adorable and hopefully will make more! [-o<

haroun
Incubating
Incubating

Post by haroun » Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:17 am

lovezebs wrote: haroun

What do you think of the little guy with the fancy hair? :D
:mrgreen: the first one The BC looks like Paul Mccartney of corsewhenhe was young lol isn't it Stuart whiting =))
Elena
THE BB pied is so cute it has very nice mixture between its colors and its crest .
the cfw same it is cute with his uniform as a legionary soldier.i knew kenw that's lot of imagination :mrgreen:

lovezebs
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by lovezebs » Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:51 am

Babs haroun

No, I haven't picked him up, but the ad is still up.

It's been quite chilly around here, and the breeder lives at the other side of the city (which is quite far), and what with busing and me being sickish the last while, it just hasn't happened yet.

Yes Haroun, they are quite funny looking, aren't they....
~Elana~

Linnies~ Canaries ~ Zebras ~ Societies ~ Gouldians ~ Orange Cheeks ~ Shaft Tails ~ Strawberries ~ Red Cheek Cordon Bleu ~ Goldbreasts ~ Red Brows ~ Owls ~ Budgies ~ Diamond Firetails ~ Javas ~ Forbes Parrot Finches ~

Babs _Owner
Molting
Molting

Post by Babs _Owner » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:19 pm

lovezebs

Look at his face! LOOK at it!!! He's desperate. He NEEDS you!! He wants outta there!! *giggle*

lovezebs
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by lovezebs » Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:34 pm

Babs

I know, he is adorable.... but cough, cough, cough, run to the washroom... sneeze, sore throat, sneeze, knee doesn't want to work... AAAHHHHAHHHTCHOOOO!!! oh ye gods, kill me and get it over with already...... sniffle sniffle, snort.... Ahhhhh...
20171120_121909-312x314.jpg
20171120_121909-312x314.jpg (22.42 KiB) Viewed 664 times
~Elana~

Linnies~ Canaries ~ Zebras ~ Societies ~ Gouldians ~ Orange Cheeks ~ Shaft Tails ~ Strawberries ~ Red Cheek Cordon Bleu ~ Goldbreasts ~ Red Brows ~ Owls ~ Budgies ~ Diamond Firetails ~ Javas ~ Forbes Parrot Finches ~

Babs _Owner
Molting
Molting

Post by Babs _Owner » Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:36 pm

lovezebs

Awww hun. I hope you feel better! :YMHUG:

You need a Finch Home Delivery Service. hee hee

lovezebs
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by lovezebs » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:35 am

Babs

Thanks sweetie...

I've been living on chicken soup, toast, and anti inflammatories for what seems like forever..... arrghhhh!

I definitely need home finch delivery service, lol.
~Elana~

wildbird
Brooding
Brooding

Post by wildbird » Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:31 pm

Lovezebs, I hope you're feeling better. Try taking vitamin C crystals. It can be bought at General Nutrition (GNC) here, but I don't know about there. I take a quarter teaspoon three times a day (3000 mg) everyday, but if I was getting a cold, would double that for 6000 mg a day. Echinacea 400 mg is also good, when you have a cold, three times a day, and zinc 50 mg once a day. That's what I do, and it helps a lot. Hope you're feeling better soon.

lovezebs
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by lovezebs » Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:52 pm

wildbird

Thanks my dear....

Still fighting the battle here, lol, ~X(
If it's not the throat, the nose and the chest, it's the stomach, and if not that then it's the good old arthritis crippling me up with all these weather changes that we are having on an almost daily basis, grrrrr.

I'm thinking maybe a 48 caliber right between the eyes :roll: =))

I've never heard of Vit C crystals. Are they different from regular vit C?
When my kids were small I used to give them Echinacea, can't remember if it helped or not.
Zinc and me don't agree for whatever the reason :-??

I really need to get back into my Vitamines, and start eating better again, sigh...

Thanks for the advice :)
~Elana~

wildbird
Brooding
Brooding

Post by wildbird » Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:29 pm

I think it's more potent, and it is easier to use a lot more mg at a time. Just mix with water, tea or juice. With zinc, you have to eat a meal first. Hope you get well soon. Your birds need you, and so do we.

lovezebs
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by lovezebs » Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:32 pm

wildbird

Thank you!!!
~Elana~