SOmeone asked me how I tamed my finch so here’s instructions

Updates, stories, and other finch related topics.
Fraza
Molting
Molting

SOmeone asked me how I tamed my finch so here’s instructions

Post by Fraza » Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:28 pm

Hi it took me quite a while so I’ll list what I’ve done in bullet points

When they about three weeks old take the chicks out and leave the parents in the cage then put them back in the cage with the parents do this continuous every day so that they know you are always taking them to a safe place and not taking them somewhere scary and away from there parents

Then get them used to something they like, for example egg mix and sweet corn is mine and keep sitting next to the cage whilst they are eating it in the cage few weeks do this

Now the chicks are no longer chicks and will be pretty much full birds then let them out for free flight and sit there with the egg mix and sweet corn in a tub in your hand, if they don’t land first time then don’t worry it’s expected they won’t land for ages.

Keep doing this over and over until they are fine sitting on the tub and lets you walk around whilst they on the tub.

Finally you try it with your hand and once they are on keep doing it every day and they will get more and more used to you

Mine now flys into my head for the food and pulls my hair also another finch has copied my society’s on

Goodluck and keep me dated (make sure not to move suddenly and scare them when they land) :mrgreen:
Attachments
F8FEDE8F-5149-412C-B094-4EDD7F9AEC9C.jpeg
335B2DE6-648C-4A42-A57C-7FE418E443B1.jpeg
FINCHES I HAVE
Bengalese
zebras
Java sparrows
Silver bills
java x beng hybrid

PETS IVE HAD
dogs
Fish
Cocktiel
Doves
Hybrid cherry x Bengalese
Stars
Heck’s
Canary’s

My favourite is COCO my grey pearl society cock been here since the start my flock leader

YOUTUBE CHANNEL
https://m.youtube.com/results?q=fraser% ... de101&sm=3