My latest make my breeding cages (need new nests tho )

Updates, stories, and other finch related topics.
Fraza
Molting
Molting

My latest make my breeding cages (need new nests tho )

Post by Fraza » Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:48 pm

So these are the breeding cages I’ve made however I’m waiting for my water feeder and my seed feeder with the cup canary nests aswell and I’m going to get them all set up with fake eggs in them then I am going to take eggs and nests out after about a month and then let them out into the aviary for about another month put them back in breeding cages and when it’s warm weather I’ll add the nests in
Attachments
29581D41-7F75-4312-B627-4430F573F896.jpeg
E3A35C07-ADC9-4FB1-8E67-2C6D04885481.jpeg
4C770F17-2555-48A7-B448-75274CD64726.jpeg
31721A1E-D820-43A7-BBC3-B2688252BA29.jpeg
FINCHES I HAVE
Bengalese
zebras
Java sparrows
Silver bills
java x beng hybrid

PETS IVE HAD
dogs
Fish
Cocktiel
Doves
Hybrid cherry x Bengalese
Stars
Heck’s
Canary’s

My favourite is COCO my grey pearl society cock been here since the start my flock leader

YOUTUBE CHANNEL
https://m.youtube.com/results?q=fraser% ... de101&sm=3

Rob
Flirty Bird
Flirty Bird

Re: My latest make my breeding cages (need new nests tho )

Post by Rob » Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:42 pm

Fraza

Those look great!

Fraza
Molting
Molting

Post by Fraza » Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:53 pm

FINCHES I HAVE
Bengalese
zebras
Java sparrows
Silver bills
java x beng hybrid

PETS IVE HAD
dogs
Fish
Cocktiel
Doves
Stars
Heck’s
Canary’s

My favourite is COCO my grey pearl society cock been here since the start my flock leader

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Stuart whiting
Weaning
Weaning

Post by Stuart whiting » Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:43 pm

Nice one Fraza yer cages look ok,

What would your purpose of using dummy eggs be Fraz,

The reason why I say is that in the canary world the use of dummy eggs need to be used in the correct and specific way otherwise it'll be completely useless in using them

The main reason for removing the real eggs and replacing with dummy eggs is so that when the eggs are returned, usually by the time the 3rd-4th egg is laid the real eggs are put back into the nest bowl so the eggs generally hatch at all of the same time,

Yer need to bare in mind that canaries don't properly start to incubate until the 3rd egg is laid,

If yer not prepared to do this properly with the use of dummy eggs you'd perhaps be better not to actually use dummy eggs and let nature take its course as it's not essential to use dummy eggs,

Me personally I'd use the use of dummy eggs because I'm a little old school and learnt from many of the old timers years ago in the canary world, if you intend to use dummy eggs Fraz no doubt you'll probably make a few mistakes along the way but it's all a learning curve and you'll learn as yer go along :thumbup:

Be lucky
Last edited by Stuart whiting on Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Fraza
Molting
Molting

Post by Fraza » Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:47 pm

Stuart whiting Hi Stuart I was just going to do it because I want them to get used to these cages before the warmer weather when they all start breeding so that they are familiar with the surrounding of them and don’t feel rushed However I don’t want them breeding whilst, they are in there getting used to them.
so I was going to add the fake eggs so they sit on them but if this isn’t a good idea I may not do it I just don’t want them laying eggs on the bottom as I think that’s when egg bound is increase as they get stressed where to lay there eggs and hold them in because they don’t have a nest. :D

U think this will work or is it pointless #-o
FINCHES I HAVE
Bengalese
zebras
Java sparrows
Silver bills
java x beng hybrid

PETS IVE HAD
dogs
Fish
Cocktiel
Doves
Stars
Heck’s
Canary’s

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Stuart whiting
Weaning
Weaning

Post by Stuart whiting » Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:05 pm

Fraza wrote: Stuart whiting Hi Stuart I was just going to do it because I want them to get used to these cages before the warmer weather when they all start breeding so that they are familiar with the surrounding of them and don’t feel rushed However I don’t want them breeding whilst, they are in there getting used to them.
so I was going to add the fake eggs so they sit on them but if this isn’t a good idea I may not do it I just don’t want them laying eggs on the bottom as I think that’s when egg bound is increase as they get stressed where to lay there eggs and hold them in because they don’t have a nest. :D

U think this will work or is it pointless #-o
To be honest Fraz that'll be completely pointless mate [-X

By all means during these winter months yer can put yer canaries into the cages for a while and do this a few times if need be just so they get used to the cages but in truth all you'll need in the cages are the perches, food and water,
the birds won't be breeding during the winter and should be concentrated on trying to breed from them from Spring onwards and throughout next summer when there are much longer daylight hrs for the youngsters to be fed aswell as being much warmer conditions.

Under no circumstances put any nest bowls into the cages, the nest bowls should be put into the cages around the middle of April next year and then then put the hens into the cages with the nest bowl in place, if she shows any signs of wanting to nest now will be the time to introduce the cock birds to the hens.

Fraza
Molting
Molting

Post by Fraza » Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:53 am

Okay and these are for my zebras society and Java’s :mrgreen: I’m just going to get canary nest because they look smaller than nest boxes and don’t know the name lol

But anyway I won’t do this then
FINCHES I HAVE
Bengalese
zebras
Java sparrows
Silver bills
java x beng hybrid

PETS IVE HAD
dogs
Fish
Cocktiel
Doves
Stars
Heck’s
Canary’s

YOUTUBE CHANNEL