Koko & Kaylie

Updates, stories, and other finch related topics.
lovezebs
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Koko & Kaylie

Post by lovezebs » Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:55 am

Well Finchly Friends,

Today I noticed that Koko, had been pecked on the cheek, and was looking decidedly unhappy in the flight with the rowdy crew.

He was quite content to come and sit in my hand meep meeping forlornly :( .

Having washed and cleaned the cage he'd come in, I placed some branch perches in there, along with a round homemade swing, and some cheery flowers. Some food and water finished the reno's, and Koko went back into his old cage..... along with a little pied (?) weanling girlie, whom I named Kaylie.

He looked around in wonder, as if to say: I know this house, but it looks all diiferent somehow... and who is she ? :shock:

Hopefully they will hit it off and become good companions to one another.
Attachments
IMG_20171203_125206.jpg
IMG_20171203_125348.jpg
IMG_20171203_125525.jpg
20171203_123911.jpg
~Elana~

Linnies~ Canaries ~ Zebras ~ Societies ~ Gouldians ~ Orange Cheeks ~ Shaft Tails ~ Strawberries ~ Red Cheek Cordon Bleu ~ Goldbreasts ~ Red Brows ~ Owls ~ Budgies ~ Diamond Firetails ~ Javas ~ Forbes Parrot Finches ~

Babs _Owner
Molting
Molting

Re: Koko & Kaylie

Post by Babs _Owner » Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:25 am

lovezebs

Koko seems to understand and prefer the company of a human. It's all he's known. I had a feeling the group of zebras would be too rowdy for him. Im glad you pulled him out.

Like Hammy he will probably desire to be handled a few times a day to feel secure and happy. He's adorable. <3

If Hammy doesnt get proper attention, she will plaster herself against the wall of the flight as I walk around the room following my direction until she gets some hand time. Following hand time her usual ritual of beak fencing everyone for a moment as a proclamation of "Yes, I have tamed the mighty human! Fear me, my fellow birds!" :YMDEVIL: Cheeky girl.

After that she's content and settles back into the group. But thats how she treated her brothers when being raised, so she's used to other gouldians.

This little guy seems to only know humans. He cant hold his own in a crazy zebbie flock. :-S

Wait until that sweet girl gives him his first head rub.....oh boy! He's gonna love that.

lovezebs
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by lovezebs » Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:23 pm

Babs

I really hope that they become good friends.

They are both tiny, compaired to some of the Zeb kids who are almost twice their size, so a good match size wise.

He is sweet, she is shy :-P , so hopefully all will be well.

He responds to Koko, and she's starting to meep when I say Kaylie, so here we go...
~Elana~

Linnies~ Canaries ~ Zebras ~ Societies ~ Gouldians ~ Orange Cheeks ~ Shaft Tails ~ Strawberries ~ Red Cheek Cordon Bleu ~ Goldbreasts ~ Red Brows ~ Owls ~ Budgies ~ Diamond Firetails ~ Javas ~ Forbes Parrot Finches ~

Sally
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by Sally » Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:26 pm

Glad you pulled him out, those others were probably going to keep picking on him, since he is smaller. Hope this is a good match for him.
3 Purple Grenadiers, 1 Goldbreast + 1 cat.

National Finch & Softbill Society - http://www.nfss.org

lovezebs
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by lovezebs » Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:38 pm

Sally

I hope so Sally.

Kaylie, is very young, just recently weaned, so hopefully she'll pick up on his behavior. Her parents are fairly easy going as well, so I keep my fingers crossed for these two :wink: .
~Elana~