DIY finch swings

Updates, stories, and other finch related topics.
Finchluv
Nestling
Nestling

DIY finch swings

Post by Finchluv » Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:14 pm

So today i messed around with a few ideas on how to make a swing myself. I must say my first attempt wasnt bad, yet pretty amateur. So i was wondering if anyone has made any D.I.Y bird swings. Id love to see or know how you do yours for some more inspiration :)
Attachments
20171204_123838.jpg
Finch hobbyist for over 10 years! Zebras & Societies
-Jai

lovezebs
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Re: DIY finch swings

Post by lovezebs » Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:30 pm

Finchluv

Hi Jai,

That's a great job :-BD .

I have made swings, out of a twig wreath, which I seperated into individual rings and hung up in the flights. The birds love them to this day.
Attachments
2016-03-17_20.48.23.jpg
20160317_201353.jpg
~Elana~

Linnies~ Canaries ~ Zebras ~ Societies ~ Gouldians ~ Orange Cheeks ~ Shaft Tails ~ Strawberries ~ Red Cheek Cordon Bleu ~ Goldbreasts ~ Red Brows ~ Owls ~ Budgies ~ Diamond Firetails ~ Javas ~ Forbes Parrot Finches ~

Sally
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by Sally » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:43 pm

I've also used the mini wreaths from Hobby Lobby, but I didn't think to separate the rings, just hung up the whole little wreath. I'd just tie some twine to the wreath so it would swing in the cage.
3 Purple Grenadiers, 1 Goldbreast + 1 cat.

National Finch & Softbill Society - http://www.nfss.org

lovezebs
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by lovezebs » Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:52 pm

Sally

I'll occasionally pick up bunches of things at the Thrift Shop (all sorts of little second hand treasures) that can be transformed into bird toys, swings, ladders, nests, etc.

I was looking at some vines at Michael's yesterday. They were quute beautiful, but the prices made me go :shock: . The cheapest were around $25 and up to $40, which I thought was absolutely crazy.
~Elana~

Linnies~ Canaries ~ Zebras ~ Societies ~ Gouldians ~ Orange Cheeks ~ Shaft Tails ~ Strawberries ~ Red Cheek Cordon Bleu ~ Goldbreasts ~ Red Brows ~ Owls ~ Budgies ~ Diamond Firetails ~ Javas ~ Forbes Parrot Finches ~

Finchluv
Nestling
Nestling

Post by Finchluv » Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:23 pm

lovezebs
I love that idea! Very pretty too! I get allot of vines and plants for my cages at the thrift store. Ill have to give it a try soon.
Finch hobbyist for over 10 years! Zebras & Societies
-Jai