Time for finchie to come out of aviary

Updates, stories, and other finch related topics.
Fraza
Molting
Molting

Time for finchie to come out of aviary

Post by Fraza » Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:33 pm

So finchie is my almost one year old zeb the first one I ever bred my self and she’s been through a lot of experiences with me like being attacked by magpies, an incident where she almost starved , ive hand tamed her , ive done free flight in no cage or aviary just in my garden, she’s got out of aviary and back into it haha, just a little insider why she is my favourite anyway I’ll skip to the point now

Basically she’s continuously getting egg bound I can’t stop it ive tried everything and I’ve gave her loads good nutrients and healthy food so she’s got everything she needs to lay but I think she’s carried the trait of her mother who use to produce small eggs or sometimes couldn’t pass them and they broke or was very weak so I’ve decided that I need to take her away from the aviary and away from other zebs I’m going to bring her into my house with a cage and have her with a society finch maybe this won’t trigger egg laying

Hopefully everything goes well because I couldn’t bare to loose this little finchie her and coco are my two favourites

But it’s hard seeing her in pain like I did today
Attachments
3FC60C78-4697-4CE2-9BBB-91ECF9778CFB.jpeg
B2B5171D-0634-488E-A2F7-22E3EDB217C2.jpeg
73FBF8C3-DCD4-4534-A80C-73ED668DE142.jpeg
73FBF8C3-DCD4-4534-A80C-73ED668DE142.jpeg (41.52 KiB) Viewed 696 times
FINCHES I HAVE
Bengalese
zebras
Java sparrows
Silver bills
java x beng hybrid

PETS IVE HAD
dogs
Fish
Cocktiel
Doves
Hybrid cherry x Bengalese
Stars
Heck’s
Canary’s

My favourite is COCO my grey pearl society cock been here since the start my flock leader

YOUTUBE CHANNEL
https://m.youtube.com/results?q=fraser% ... de101&sm=3

lovezebs
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Re: Time for finchie to come out of aviary

Post by lovezebs » Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:31 pm

Fraza

Even without a male, Finchie may continue laying eggs (which may kill her).

Do get some liquid calcium and either add it to her water, or give it to her directly, to the corner of the beak. Also some vitamin D drops for birds. Without the vit D, the calcium will not get absorbed into the body.

She's a lovely little girl, and I'd hate for to lose her.
~Elana~

Linnies~ Canaries ~ Zebras ~ Societies ~ Gouldians ~ Orange Cheeks ~ Shaft Tails ~ Strawberries ~ Red Cheek Cordon Bleu ~ Goldbreasts ~ Red Brows ~ Owls ~ Budgies ~ Diamond Firetails ~ Javas ~ Forbes Parrot Finches ~

Fraza
Molting
Molting

Post by Fraza » Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:07 am

lovezebs I know that’s why I’m trying this what’s probably my last option I’ve been giving her powdered egg but I will have a look for some of his liquid you are talking about and try this.

She started layi even without male at 3 month old when she was another young female that’s why this time I’m gonna try her with a society so she doesn’t trigger breeding in any way possible because they are fdiffent species
FINCHES I HAVE
Bengalese
zebras
Java sparrows
Silver bills
java x beng hybrid

PETS IVE HAD
dogs
Fish
Cocktiel
Doves
Stars
Heck’s
Canary’s

My favourite is COCO my grey pearl society cock been here since the start my flock leader

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Fraza
Molting
Molting

Post by Fraza » Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:17 am

Next Sunday I’m taking her out because I’m going to an auction and am gonna get a new female for her mate now so he isn’t alone at the moment I have her in a little cage but I don’t want to take her away because then he will have no one not even seeing her in the cage so I’d feel bad on him so I’ve gotta wait a week
FINCHES I HAVE
Bengalese
zebras
Java sparrows
Silver bills
java x beng hybrid

PETS IVE HAD
dogs
Fish
Cocktiel
Doves
Stars
Heck’s
Canary’s

YOUTUBE CHANNEL